• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wife and I are seriously thinking about leaving the state of Illinois for the free state of Indiana. Things are just getting worse and worse with taxes, corruption and gun laws. I understand that when I get my drivers license changed to Indiana that will make me a citizen of Indiana. From a recent discussion it looks like I will not be able to carry untill getting my Indiana CCW. I will give up my Illinois CCW at that time but I also have a CCW from Florida and Utah. So once I am an Indiana resident those will no longer be honored in Indiana.
    So, I would prefer to get the lifetime permit but will it take longer to get than the renewable one? If it does I will probably get the renewable one first. All advice is welcomed, Jim.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    My only advice is when you come here, don’t try to make it the place you left! Other than that, start the LTCH process asap, and you’ll only be a couple weeks w/o .gov permission, which shouldn’t be a big deal, and if it is, big boy rules and all.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    No problem, I understand about people leaving a state because polititions have made it impossible to live there and start voting in the same type they just left. I believe Colorado and New Mexico are good examples of this. I hate what the
    chicago area democratic influence has done to this state and will not be bringing those values with me. I bought my house in 1977 and it was then and now just what and where I wanted to live. Just can't deal with the "free stuff people" and the sancturary state and all the rest. Promise I will be a good neighbor to all freedom loving people of Indiana. Jim.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wife and I are seriously thinking about leaving the state of Illinois for the free state of Indiana. Things are just getting worse and worse with taxes, corruption and gun laws. I understand that when I get my drivers license changed to Indiana that will make me a citizen of Indiana. From a recent discussion it looks like I will not be able to carry untill getting my Indiana CCW. I will give up my Illinois CCW at that time but I also have a CCW from Florida and Utah. So once I am an Indiana resident those will no longer be honored in Indiana.
    So, I would prefer to get the lifetime permit but will it take longer to get than the renewable one? If it does I will probably get the renewable one first. All advice is welcomed, Jim.

I understand. I fled Illinois in '95. I only did a three year term there, 92-95.

Things are much different here, the corruption here is simple human bungling, not actual malice. A wait for the 4 year is a wait for the lifetime.

Get the lifetime and be done with it.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I know a bit about Indiana since I have been shooting IDPA at Wildcat Valley and ACC for over ten years. Devolped a strong friendship with people from both areas. Looking to move to west Indiana because of family staying in Illinois but it will be Indiana. Jim.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Things are much different here,

True

...the corruption here is simple human bungling, not actual malice.

There's plenty of bungling, but here I sit in my office in Lake County and I'm not sure I can endorse the entirety of your assertion.

A wait for the 4 year is a wait for the lifetime.

Get the lifetime and be done with it.

Absolutely.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There's plenty of bungling, but here I sit in my office in Lake County and I'm not sure I can endorse the entirety of your assertion.

Ok, the continual parade of politicians from East Chicago, Gary, inter alia in and out of the federal courthouse in Hammond is a stipulated exception.

proud american

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2016
    South Bend
    I left the Chicago for southwest Michigan in mid 80's for many of the same reasons. Crime, taxes, politics and so much poverty. Moved to Indiana in early 90's with no regrets. Both Illinois and Michigan are so far in Hock.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I know a bit about Indiana since I have been shooting IDPA at Wildcat Valley and ACC for over ten years. Devolped a strong friendship with people from both areas. Looking to move to west Indiana because of family staying in Illinois but it will be Indiana. Jim.

You will be a welcome addition to our community, Cousin Jim!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

All I have to say is if you do move here, do not come in and vote for the same things you got in Illinois.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I may have missed this in another post, but why are your non-resident permits no longer valid? Indiana honors all other State's permits and licenses.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    (b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana. As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32

I got this from IN.gov and the way I read it, when I become a resident Indiana will no longer recognize my Florida or Utah. The Illinois will be invalid when I become a resident of Indiana. Jim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Because Indiana only honors them if you are a non resident. Once you become an Indiana resident, you need an IN LTCH.

Aw, so they are still good in the States that don't honor our LTCH (Florida non-resident picks up DE, NV, NE and NM), just not here. I see says the blind man.

Top Bottom