• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Taking the family to the Embassy Theater in Ft. Wayne this weekend. They've made it clear they will be doing theater on stage as well as at the door in the form of bag checks. No word on wands or pat downs. Anyone know what brand of security theater they employ at the Embassy?

Zombieman34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wells, Co
    I believe they are off duty police, I have not seen any "wanding" just visual check of waist band lift shirt etc. That has been for concerts not sure they were that nosy at say Festival of Trees.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Went to an afternoon movie at the Embassy last month. Only the geriatric volunteer ticket takers at the entrance with a pleasant smile. No issues or concerns at all for that event. Security may vary based on the event.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was there for a Christmas musical special last December. Wands were used, and there were official police officers present. I saw several men sent back to their cars to stow their pocket knives, and a few were surrendered rather than make the long walk back to the car. I did not see any firearms, but as the word spread down the line of the wands I did see some men leave the line and walk away. May have been CCing, or maybe just knives.

As said above, it depends on the attraction.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I was there for a Christmas musical special last December. Wands were used, and there were official police officers present. I saw several men sent back to their cars to stow their pocket knives, and a few were surrendered rather than make the long walk back to the car. I did not see any firearms, but as the word spread down the line of the wands I did see some men leave the line and walk away. May have been CCing, or maybe just knives.

As said above, it depends on the attraction.

:(
    Thank you all for the heads up.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I believe they are off duty police, I have not seen any "wanding" just visual check of waist band lift shirt etc. That has been for concerts not sure they were that nosy at say Festival of Trees.

Winner, winner chicken dinner! Wanted to see the waistline,, inside of jacket & pockets. No wands, no patdowns, etc. Deep concealment worked just fine....

Top Bottom