• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm a little suspicious.

I know that there are some pretty stupid criminals out there, but this one was apparently struggling with getting through a screen door? My wife found a ~8 week old puppy last fall who had no trouble just pushing through a screen door. A crowbar on a screen door, and you make enough noise to alert the homeowner? That's pretty bad.

I just wish every criminal were exactly so competent.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Eh, I mean they make screen doors that are more than just screen.

I'd be willing to bet this isn't the same screen door you've got on the patio...

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The "screen door" was probably one of those ornate-bars things similar to what people put on their windows, the deeper you get into the "hood".

Given the anti-gun owner politics of chicago, I'm glad to hear the prosecutor isn't trying to charge him for being a "willful combatant" for opening the door.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    The "screen door" was probably one of those ornate-bars things similar to what people put on their windows, the deeper you get into the "hood".

Given the anti-gun owner politics of chicago, I'm glad to hear the prosecutor isn't trying to charge him for being a "willful combatant" for opening the door.

Screen doors with steel or wrought iron bars were standard equipment on residential homes in southern California when I lived there from '85-'95. Anything less would have the screen cut through or the door ripped off its hinges in under one second. They were a half-step shy from being a jail cell door with a screen on the inside. Went along with decorative heavy steel and wrought iron bars over all the windows. The bars had to be hefty enough to withstand the bolt cutters found in most hardware and big box home improvement stores as they'd use those to try to cut through them. That was for the "low crime rate" neighborhoods.

If you want to see real armored homes, take a drive through Compton, California some time. You'd have an easier time cutting or blowing through a wall than entering through a door or window. Small businesses have coils of razor wire around the edge of the roof to prevent the use of ladders and entry being made by cutting through the roof. If you do decide to drive through the city on a tour, do it buttoned up in an International MaxxPro MRAP.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom