• ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    That's OK.
    I will still go to events there.......

....as long as they issue me and my family an armed guard to sit with us during the games and walk with us to and from our vehicles as well as to the restrooms and to buy drinks. That is all I require.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    If their security is anything like I've experienced at Lucas Oil for Monster Jam or like an Eric Church concert my wife attended last month, it's all for show. My report from Lucas Oil. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/464937-monster-jam-@-lucas-feb-2019-a.html

At the concert my wife attended in Illinois last month, she said the security was the same as for the Monster Jam show. They asked to see in her place purse/bag. She didn't even have it unzipped halfway and the just said "OK, that's good. Move on."

I seem to think that it's just a feel good measure.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If their security is anything like I've experienced at Lucas Oil for Monster Jam or like an Eric Church concert my wife attended last month, it's all for show...

They had metal detectors at ND for the Winter Classic hockey game this year.

I had my ZT0300 in my jeans pocket under my Carhartt bibs. Of course, I set off the detector and got wanded. The wand beeped on my right pocket. I pulled out my car keys from the right pocket of bibs, apologized to the guy with wand, and got waved through.;)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    This may be just for UND right now, but the NCAA also wants wanding / detectors at all NCAA Div I Football and men's basketball games. Probably the higher level women's B-ball games, too.

Some schools are getting out ahead of it.

But, as most of us know, it's pretty much all security theater.

Of course, I'd get the guy who know's what he's doing and get pinched.

It wasn't an NCAA event where we went recently, but I KNOW that I set off the walk-through detector and just kept right on walking into where ever it was we went.

Top Bottom