• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Got up this morning, got dressed, put my spare mag pouch and OWB holster on my belt. Through my LCR in my pocket and went about my day. I just got home and nature called. That's when I realized I never put my gun in my holster.

I wasn't unarmed. But in a quick moment of needing to get to my pistol, I can only imagine what that would have been like trying to draw a gun that wasn't there.

I've read of others doing the same thing and thought that would never happen to me. Never think that. It can.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Got up this morning, got dressed, put my spare mag pouch and OWB holster on my belt. Through my LCR in my pocket and went about my day. I just got home and nature called. That's when I realized I never put my gun in my holster.

I wasn't unarmed. But in a quick moment of needing to get to my pistol, I can only imagine what that would have been like trying to draw a gun that wasn't there.

I've read of others doing the same thing and thought that would never happen to me. Never think that. It can.

You can forget all kinds of essential EDC gear when your morning routine is interrupted or you're distracted while completing your morning rituals!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I have done this a time or two. Luckily I have a spare pistol in my GHB. Then I spend the day knowing I only have access to one and no spare.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    That is an issue I face. I work in Illinios and live in Indiana. So having the communist remove my God given and Constitutional right when I am at work, I some times forget when I am back home and go out to carry. It stinks getting older.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    That is an issue I face. I work in Illinios and live in Indiana. So having the communist remove my God given and Constitutional right when I am at work, I some times forget when I am back home and go out to carry. It stinks getting older.

Same issue, in the same token, I feel relief, and a bit of happiness carrying when around town. Unfortunately it seems I am spending more and more time in commie land. I make sure to always have something nearby as the law allows.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    BT, I was in that same boat. Been carrying for about 9 years, been in law enforcement for about 4. One day, a couple weeks ago, I went to work, like I always do, and during shift change, one of the day shift officers pulled me aside, and asked me, "Do you have your gun?"

I said, "Of course I do," and reached down and felt... an empty holster. I looked at him and said, "S***."

We went into a side room and he gave me his to carry for the day. When my fiancé got home from work, I had her bring me my duty gun, and I locked up his in his weapon locker so he would have it for the next day.

I was so embarrassed, and I'm glad that he caught it, and was discreet about it. My heart about fell out of my chest when I realized I was unarmed. I usually carry a BUG, but I left it at home that day.

Lesson learned. If you do something often enough, you're bound to make a mistake at some point. Be vigilant, be safe.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend

First of all, why would this dip**** carry the Taser on the same side as his firearm? That's just stupid.

Second of all, I didn't see what gun he had, but Tasers all have manual safeties. When you disengage the safety, a laser and light turn on (unless you turn that feature off, but I don't see why anyone would.) Personally, I carry my Taser on my support side, in a Blackhawk (I know. It's a terrible holster, and I would never use it on a firearm, but there's a reason for this) and my firearm on my strong side, in a Safariland. Drawing the Taser takes a completely different set of movements, and I need to disengage the safety to deploy it. Different manual of arms, different holsters, different sides of my body.

He shot that man because he didn't train. Plain and simple. No training, and his duty rig was set up for failure.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

REPORTED :):

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Yep I've done it too.

But I have also walked out the locked door without my pants.... twice. Lets just say that some prescriptions are way better than others.
    To this day I still look down to check myself BEFORE going outside.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central

It happens. I see it more often with those who carry a lot. It becomes just part of the routine and not as conscious an act as it may be for those new to carrying. I have seen officers show up for shift without a firearm. I was on a suicide and a district commander showed up, full duty uniform, marked squad car, no gun in her holster!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

IF you carry a gun long enough, EVERYTHING, is going to happen sooner or later .....

Top Bottom