Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 296
  1. #41
    Le mot juste 2A_Tom's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Chip, this is INGO, facts are irrelevant.

    BTW I am also glad to see you back.




  2. #42
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    In any situation where a police officer and an armed person interact someone has to be a responsible adult and attempt diffuse the situation otherwise this is the result.

    Note that Iím not saying itís always the police officer. Every man and woman is responsible for their own conduct and the results of such.

    Making sure your tone and body language is not confrontational or says you are hiding something will go a long way with officer interactions.

  3. #43
    Grandmaster Route 45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post

  4. #44
    Grandmaster Route 45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Today I learned that pointing a gun at people in public, then ignoring cops as you kneel beside an occupied car with a gun in your hand is "legal OC."



    OP needs to go back to Reddit to wallow in his recreational outrage, which is undoubtedly where he found this crap.

    Last edited by Route 45; 04-19-2019 at 13:14.

  5. #45
    Ark
    Ark is offline
    Expert Ark's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post

    Conclusion: the firearm was not holstered; it was in his hand. He was told repeatedly (24 times), without verbal or non-verbal response, to drop the weapon that was not holstered, but in his hand. Instead of dropping the weapon, he reached for it with his other hand.
    I still cannot clearly discern whether it was already in his hand or not. He keeps his right hand hidden from view the entire time. At one point in the video, it sounds like they learn from the bystander (who was told to move out of the way) that he has a gun. Dunno if that was communicating a general fact of possession, or stating it was specifically in his hand. If it wasn't in his hand the entire time, he was doing his best to make it look like he was.

    Fact is, there's a limit to the number of times the police will tell you to drop a weapon or put your hands up before they decide you're not going to comply and something more drastic has to be done about the threat you are posing to their lives and the lives of others.

  6. #46
    Grandmaster IndyDave1776's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It looks to me like there is plenty of stupid to go around here.

    First, as far as I am concerned, anyone who preaches the live in fear/don't agro the mad dog approach to interacting with police is too damned stupid to be a citizen of a free republic.

    Second, police should not act like mad dogs. This includes finding better ways to address tense situations than bursting onto the scene chaotically screaming.

    Third, when being officially addressed by police, especially with guns drawn, apparently ignoring them is generally not a good idea whether they or reasonable or acting dumber than owl sh*t.

    Fourth, an argument for RAS is pretty shaky at the point of police arrival. In the event of a person open carrying, encountering two of Shannon's Mommies who need some action who make separate 911 calls detailing a fictional event they worked out before calling is no stretch of the imagination whatsoever.

    Fifth, regardless of all of the above, blasting someone full of holes who has made no aggressive moves is a bad shoot.
    Government and pedophiles both practice buggering those powerless to defend themselves.

  7. #47
    INGO Homebrewer JettaKnight's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    Today I learned that pointing a gun at people in public, then ignoring cops as you kneel beside an occupied car with a gun in your hand is "legal OC."



    OP needs to go back to Reddit to wallow in his recreational outrage, which is undoubtedly where he found this crap.

    Ugh. I went over there... same 'ole Reddit group-think and outrage based on one singular, sketchy POV.

    Granted, I still think it was handled poorly, but not as terrible as Redditors think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

  8. #48
    Grandmaster chipbennett's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyDave1776 View Post
    It looks to me like there is plenty of stupid to go around here.

    First, as far as I am concerned, anyone who preaches the live in fear/don't agro the mad dog approach to interacting with police is too damned stupid to be a citizen of a free republic.

    Second, police should not act like mad dogs. This includes finding better ways to address tense situations than bursting onto the scene chaotically screaming.

    Third, when being officially addressed by police, especially with guns drawn, apparently ignoring them is generally not a good idea whether they or reasonable or acting dumber than owl sh*t.

    Fourth, an argument for RAS is pretty shaky at the point of police arrival. In the event of a person open carrying, encountering two of Shannon's Mommies who need some action who make separate 911 calls detailing a fictional event they worked out before calling is no stretch of the imagination whatsoever.
    You're the police officers. You are told by the dispatcher to respond to a reported assault with a deadly weapon, given a location and description. You arrive at the location, see a person fitting the description, who appears to be holding a firearm.

    You think that RAS is sketchy? Without anything else even happening further, you think that RAS is sketchy?

    Fifth, regardless of all of the above, blasting someone full of holes who has made no aggressive moves is a bad shoot.
    Making or not making an "aggressive move" is not what determines whether a use of deadly force is justified. The person in question appears to be holding a firearm. You have responded because of reports of assault with a deadly weapon - which you may reasonably conclude is the firearm being held by the person in question.

    You issue multiple commands to drop said firearm - 24 such requests, in fact - which are all ignored. You can't see both of this person's hands. Rather than drop the firearm, the person reaches with his other hand and begins to produce a firearm.

    FREEZE FRAME

    You're the police officer. You don't have the benefit of a slow-motion replay of your body camera sometime after the fact. You respond only to the information you have at hand.

    If you're wrong, you, your partner, or some other person may be faced with assault - or worse, actually shot and killed - by that person using the firearm.

    The reasonable-man standard exists for exactly this scenario.

  9. #49
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So-
    This dude was squatting next to a guy sitting in the passenger side of a vehicle while (possibly) holding a handgun by the barrel with the grip facing the passenger.

    Conclusion: I am never selling my guns in the Burger King parking lot ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

  10. #50
    Grandmaster Dead Duck's Avatar

    User Info Menu







    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge