Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Cop orders man to put legal OC gun on ground. Kills him when he tries to comply.

****. This. *****.

Put her stupid ass in jail.

Facing criticism, CMPD defends release of shorter video from police shooting

So, a man legally carrying outside of restaurant was stopped by police and told to put his gun on the ground, so he reaches towards his holster to get the gun and comply with their orders only to be shot dead for reaching for a weapon. Police hid body cam footage of the incident for months.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department withheld nearly nine minutes of footage that a body-worn camera recorded at a west Charlotte Burger King when an officer fatally shot Danquirs Franklin, City Attorney Patrick Baker confirmed.

CMPD on Monday released two minutes and 20 seconds of video captured by the body camera worn by Officer Wende Kerl, showing her fatally shooting Franklin on March 25. The video appears to end abruptly after it shows Kerl shoot Franklin, who then slumps over.

But at least 11 minutes of footage was recorded on Kerlís camera. CMPD provided only two minutes and 20 seconds of that video to Mecklenburg Superior Court Judge Donnie Hoover, who held a hearing to discuss the petitions for release from three local TV reporters.

Asked whether more than two minutes and 20 seconds of video existed, Lt. Brad Koch told the Observer Monday: ďAll the video for this incident was provided to the judge.Ē He said Thursday that was not right and then asked that all further questions be submitted by email.
    I'd expand, said the Narrator, but there's a curfew.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Holy crap.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Reminds me of another recent thread somehow.
    The member formerly known as blue falcon.
    To avoid misunderstandings.

User Info Menu

Not seeing anything about legal oc. Or why cops were called or what led up to it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blue falcon View Post
    Reminds me of another recent thread somehow.
    Yes we'll need pizza.

User Info Menu

I mean, let's get all the facts.

User Info Menu

One of the problems of "disarm for officer safety".
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Not seeing anything about legal oc. Or why cops were called or what led up to it.
    NC is an open carry, no permit required state. There's nothing to imply he was doing anything wrong.

Killed for following directions, would also likely have been killed if he disobeyed. Itís like premeditated murder in a way. Cop just walks up to him and kills him; knowing full well she has full control of the situation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Why were their guns drawn? What led up to this? Excellent questions Sig.

CMPD: the department that gave us US v Black (2013).
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Why were their guns drawn? What led up to this? Excellent questions Sig.

CMPD: the department that gave us US v Black (2013).
    She was already screaming when she got out of her car, no attempt to diffuse the situation. Perhaps a MWAG call led up to it, regardless, a ****ing cop should be trained to handle a carry situation.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast