• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Does anyone know for certain if you can carry at the Nashville flea market at the fairground and in the Opryland hotel? The wife wants to go next weekend and so far I have not been able to find anything either way.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Ever been to that flea market? We're thinking about hitting it one of these days.

We went several years ago but it was pretty cold and we skipped most of it. The thing is huge. Next weekend is supposed to be nice so we are going to give it a shot.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Does anyone know for certain if you can carry at the Nashville flea market at the fairground and in the Opryland hotel? The wife wants to go next weekend and so far I have not been able to find anything either way.

Gaylord Opry Hotel is posted so no go, I am not sure about the Fairgrounds, it is kind of iffy, We have the parks Bill that precludes local cities from banning firearms in parks. I know the county in which I live Fairground carry is fine as it is classified as a park. The same definition applies to Davidson County however given its liberal bias they have tried to claim the fairgrounds are not a park and as such Carry is prohibited. Regardless you will see signs citing old statutes prohibiting carry as when the new legislation passed there was no provision to pay for the removal of outdated signs due to the cost. In most places the signs were removed as to limit confusion, other places ie Davidson County, Shelby County ( Memphis) they elected to leave the outdated signs up.

As an foot note Davidson County , Nashville are not areas where I would elect to go with out my edc.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN

Who cares? Conceal and don't worry about it.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Gaylord Opry Hotel is posted so no go, I am not sure about the Fairgrounds, it is kind of iffy, We have the parks Bill that precludes local cities from banning firearms in parks. I know the county in which I live Fairground carry is fine as it is classified as a park. The same definition applies to Davidson County however given its liberal bias they have tried to claim the fairgrounds are not a park and as such Carry is prohibited. Regardless you will see signs citing old statutes prohibiting carry as when the new legislation passed there was no provision to pay for the removal of outdated signs due to the cost. In most places the signs were removed as to limit confusion, other places ie Davidson County, Shelby County ( Memphis) they elected to leave the outdated signs up.

As an foot note Davidson County , Nashville are not areas where I would elect to go with out my edc.

Thanks for the update. I feel for residents of states that have all these restrictions. I know I broke the law quite a few times last time I was in TN but I try to stay legal as much as possible.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Thanks for the update. I feel for residents of states that have all these restrictions. I know I broke the law quite a few times last time I was in TN but I try to stay legal as much as possible.

No trying to be Holier than Thou, just wanted you to be able to make an informed decisions. For the most part things are 2a friendly here except for those well you know liberal areas.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There are some interesting things in the "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" law. I was in Nashville a few weeks ago and didn't notice any new signs that must be posted on Jan. 1. I conceal, don't act like a jackass, and if busted I'll say I'm sorry, pay the $500 and move on.:ingo:

(3) (A) A sign shall be used as the method of posting. (B) (i) A sign prohibiting possession in accordance with subdivision (a)(1)(A) shall include the phrase "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED", and the phrase shall measure at least one inch (1") high and eight inches (8") wide. The sign shall also include the phrase "As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1359" (ii) The sign shall include a pictorial representation of the phrase "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" that shall include a circle with a diagonal line through the circle and an image of a firearm inside the circle under the diagonal line. The entire pictorial representation shall be at least four inches (4") high and four (4") wide. The diagonal line shall be at a forty-five degree (45°) angle from the upper left to the lower right side of the circle. (C) (i) A sign restricting possession in accordance with subdivision (a)(1)(B) shall include the phrase "CONCEALED FIREARMS ONLY", and the phrase shall measure at least one inch (1") high and eight inches (8") wide. The sign shall also include the phrase "As authorized by T.C.A. § 39-17-1351 and § 39-17-1359". (ii) The sign shall include a pictorial representation of the phrase "CONCEALED FIREARMS ONLY" that shall include a circle with a diagonal line through the circle and an image of a firearm and an image of an eyeball inside the circle. The entire pictorial representation shall be at least four inches (4") high and four inches (4") wide. The diagonal line shall be at a forty five degree(45°) angle from the upper left to the lower right side of the circle (4) An individual, corporation, business entity, or government entity that, as of January 1, 2018, used signs to provide notice of the prohibition permitted by subsection (a) shall have until January 1, 2019,to replace existing signs with signs that meet the requirements of subdivision (b)(3).(c) (1) It is an offense to possess a weapon in a building or on property that is properly posted in accordance with this section. (2) Possession of a weapon on posted property in violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor punishable by fine only of five hundred dollars ($500).(d) Nothing in this section shall be construed to alter, reduce or eliminate any civil or criminal liability that aproperty owner or manager may have for injuries arising on their property.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was in Nashville weekend before last.
    Stayed at the Gaylord and I didn't see a sign.
    Went to a few attractions without any
    issues.
    I carried everywhere except the grand old opry.
    They let you know up front that you're getting wanded on the way in

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Sorry it took me a while to get back.

I saw saw no signs at either the Opryland hotel or the fairgrounds so I carried the whole time.

As as far as the flea market was concerned it was very good. Tons of vendors with a good variety.

Parking is is far away but they have busses that shuttle around constantly. We never waited more than a couple of minutes for a shuttle. We made two trips back to the car so we did not have to carry everything around.

If if you buy something large you get a ticket that allows you to pull up to a loading zone.

All in in all it was a great day.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sorry it took me a while to get back.

I saw saw no signs at either the Opryland hotel or the fairgrounds so I carried the whole time.

As as far as the flea market was concerned it was very good. Tons of vendors with a good variety.

Parking is is far away but they have busses that shuttle around constantly. We never waited more than a couple of minutes for a shuttle. We made two trips back to the car so we did not have to carry everything around.

If if you buy something large you get a ticket that allows you to pull up to a loading zone.

All in in all it was a great day.

Thanks for the follow up, looks like we'll add this to the list of things to do this summer.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Because it could be a restaurant that serves alcohol as opposed to a straight up bar. Some states say you can’t even sit in the bar area of a restaurant.
    That makes me a sad panda - knowing that there's tasty beer that I can't imbibe because I value my life and liberty.

Top Bottom