• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    In all honesty that’s not bad for New Jersey. I mean when property taxes for a $300k house are $15k per year and that $300k house is a two bedroom one bath 1000sq ft on a 1/4 acre. I just chalk that up to the idiotic CoL

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Illinois' FOID card was deemed unconstitutional, as the court said that a government cannot charge a fee for the exercise of a right.

I guess NJ is just too arrogant to care, or they think the constitution doesn't apply to them.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Illinois' FOID card was deemed unconstitutional, as the court said that a government cannot charge a fee for the exercise of a right.

I guess NJ is just too arrogant to care, or they think the constitution doesn't apply to them.

While encouraging this is not a done deal at this time as the Illinois Attorney General has appealed this to the Illinois Supreme court. The case also only affects one person as the case was tailored to only one person's case. It is an elderly woman who was charged with no FOID card while in possession of a single shot .22 rifle she kept for protection. Even though it affects this one person if the ILSC rules in her favor that will open the door for another suit that will finally dump the FOID card for all.
    Yes it is the Illinois SC but they did make a good ruling not long ago, they ruled the ban on carrying tasers or stun guns to be unconstitutional so there is hope. Remember this is Illinois and every good thing we have accomplished has been through the courts. Yes the legislature did pass a bill that gave us CCW but that was only because the court said a total ban on carry outside the home was unconstitutional. Jim.

Top Bottom