• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Is there a list of the incidents where permit holders made situations worse, or got shot themselves?

-Nate

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I can tell you that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, there has NEVER been an Indiana Permit Holder that has stopped a crime. :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Is there a list of the incidents where permit holders made situations worse, or got shot themselves?

I have seen reports where the permit holder got shot, but I haven't found an actual list like you mention.

Then you run the risk of confirmation bias - you found a list of results that support your hypothesis, then stopped looking at the evidence. Not saying you're wrong about carrying a handgun for SD, just that this sort of stuff exist everywhere -left, right and center.

The other big deal, is how many of these incidents compiled here go generally unreported. I'm not sure if it's just that they aren't newsworthy, or intentionally ignored, but there is a whole lot of stories that seem to confirm Wayne LaPierre's hypothesis about a good guy with a gun.

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    In Indiana it is a License to Carry, not permit. Anyway, even as a Retired LEO, It is a big gray area to prove Self Defense, on yourself or others in the event of an active shooting event. Honestly, if you can evade, or escape, and notify proper authorities, it may be best. When my family is around, don't want a firefight to ensue. As a Civilian Carry, it is only prudent to avoid.
    Yes, I carry, all the time. Yes, it will be on me if I engage. Yes, I carry at least 1 reload. No, I do not Open Carry. If the time factor allows, my cell phone and brain will engage. No, I don't want to see innocent people hurt. Not advice to anyone, but an honest assessment. Try to plan, till Murphy rears his head. Good luck.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Then you run the risk of confirmation bias - you found a list of results that support your hypothesis, then stopped looking at the evidence. Not saying you're wrong about carrying a handgun for SD, just that this sort of stuff exist everywhere -left, right and center.

The other big deal, is how many of these incidents compiled here go generally unreported. I'm not sure if it's just that they aren't newsworthy, or intentionally ignored, but there is a whole lot of stories that seem to confirm Wayne LaPierre's hypothesis about a good guy with a gun.

Don't over think it. It's just some reports showing good guys with guns stopping bad guys. If you find it useful, great. If not, then ignore it.

Selfpreservation

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Central
    Lt Scott 14;7909131[COLOR=#ff0000 said:
    ]In Indiana it is a License to Carry, not permit[/COLOR]. Anyway, even as a Retired LEO, It is a big gray area to prove Self Defense, on yourself or others in the event of an active shooting event. Honestly, if you can evade, or escape, and notify proper authorities, it may be best. When my family is around, don't want a firefight to ensue. As a Civilian Carry, it is only prudent to avoid.
    Yes, I carry, all the time. Yes, it will be on me if I engage. Yes, I carry at least 1 reload. No, I do not Open Carry. If the time factor allows, my cell phone and brain will engage. No, I don't want to see innocent people hurt. Not advice to anyone, but an honest assessment. Try to plan, till Murphy rears his head. Good luck.

Yep, well aware. Permit is just a generic term.

Top Bottom