Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

User Info Menu

Pfft, they are no Matlock.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
    Very highly paid criminal defense attorneys. I've been depo'd by Voyles on a DUI before.
    At $600/hr, who was the client?

Irsay?
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Voyles and Lukemeyer are the high-end "go to" criminal defense attorneys down this way. From an Indianapolis Monthly article: "The view is what youd expect from the office of a 68-year-old defense lawyer who has practiced for longer than 40 years, was a president of the Indianapolis Bar Association, and bills $600 per hour."

Lukemeyer and Voyles are also representing AG Curtis Hill in his disciplinary case.
    But who's going to represent him in the civil suit?

Oh, and $600 per? I find that inspirational...and aspirational.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Not just Jim Irsay... somehow, this guy hired Jimmy Voyles and Jennifer Lukemeyer:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    But who's going to represent him in the civil suit?

THAT is the $64,000 question. With him, the "State of Indiana," and, effectively, the House and Senate appearing to be defendants, this whole thing strikes me as being very much like a law school exam question.

User Info Menu

Not just Jim Irsay... somehow, this guy hired Jimmy Voyles and Jennifer Lukemeyer:

I would note that whenever they ask a lawyer his hourly for news purposes, he will report the highest rate he has ever billed, not the average. There most definitely is a sliding scale.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I would note that whenever they ask a lawyer his hourly for news purposes, he will report the highest rate he has ever billed, not the average. There most definitely is a sliding scale.
    Definitely true; it is a form of advertising, I think. I also suspect that he takes some of the cases for the publicity value (but still not pro bono, of course).

User Info Menu

THAT is the $64,000 question. With him, the "State of Indiana," and, effectively, the House and Senate appearing to be defendants, this whole thing strikes me as being very much like a law school exam question.
    Well, normally, the AGs office would represent the State, House and Senate...but this isnt normal. I would imagine that those defendants will hire a firm to represent them and the AG will hire his own. Time will tell.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    Meh, never heard of them.
    Jimmy V is one of the foremost white shoe criminal defense attorneys in Marion County. He is a silk towel in front of a jury.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

Voyles and Lukemeyer are the high-end "go to" criminal defense attorneys down this way. From an Indianapolis Monthly article: "The view is what youd expect from the office of a 68-year-old defense lawyer who has practiced for longer than 40 years, was a president of the Indianapolis Bar Association, and bills $600 per hour."

Lukemeyer and Voyles are also representing AG Curtis Hill in his disciplinary case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    Jimmy V is one of the foremost white shoe criminal defense attorneys in Marion County. He is a silk towel in front of a jury.

So in terms of defense attorneys, where does Mr. Greg Garrison fall into the Marion Co spectrum?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast