• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeffjdrn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Noblesville
    I'm going to the Dayton Hamvention for the 1st time on the 18th. Does anyone know if it legal to carry on the Greene County Fairgrounds where they are having it? I can't seem to find anything saying it's not.
    Gonna try not to spend much money :)

Piobair

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    NWI
    I hadn’t realized the Hamvention was the weekend we'd already planned to be in Dayton. So, going to try to make it. Went to one at Hara Arena about 40 years ago. Still trying to wrap my analog brain around digital communications and Yaesu System Fusion.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I know this... If, as you approach the door and you see this (and you are armed), Do NOT proceed. OH signs like this carry force of law.

gun-prohibition-signs-84146-lg.png

Otherwise, carry on! I travel to OH regularly and seldom see them. (at least on average retail establishments)

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I hadn’t realized the Hamvention was the weekend we'd already planned to be in Dayton. So, going to try to make it. Went to one at Hara Arena about 40 years ago. Still trying to wrap my analog brain around digital communications and Yaesu System Fusion.

In case you missed it: It's in Xenia now, Hara is kaput.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'll be there as well. This will be year 3 for my pal and I.

For the first timers, bring a backpack, and maybe a folder to keep all your bumper stickers, stickers, and other swag in.

There's more swag there than at the NRA con.

Also make sure to swing by the yeasu booth they tend to have the best swag.

And if possible stay for the raffle thing on Sunday. You could walk away with a $50 gift cert for the arrl or walk away with a $2,000 dollar radio or anything in between. Last year I got the gift certificate and the guy after me won a $200 HT.

If you have qsl cards bring at least one. They have a big cork board you can add it to along side crass from all over the globe.

Now I can't remember the exact country, I think maybe Jordan? Either way, the prince is a big ham radio buff and he goes every year. If you keep your eyes up you may see him or maybe have a chat. I hear he's pretty friendly.

Pro tip. Wear good comfortable water proof boots. The flea market area outside usually turns into a muddy bog.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Been probably 25 years since I was last there. I remember buying a 40 meg hard drive and my buddy saying that I would never fill that thing up. He was a Ham guy, I went for the pute stuff.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

laf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    Lafayette
    Just for follow up, I’ve seen the no guns sign posted on the buildings where forums are held and on the school buses taking you from the off site parking to the event. I didn’t see it on the entry gates or on some of the larger buildings with vendors. Also very few officers present. No metal detectors. No pat downs. I’m not sure many people want to touch a ham radio operator.

Top Bottom