• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why wasn't the 13 time convicted felon in prison ?

Likely he was in and out. Doing life on the installment plan. Not all felonies merit prison and short jail stints are the usual sentence.

"Felon" encompasses a lot: OWI with prior, shoplifting, pot with prior, a pill without prescription, inter alia. Not all felonies are created equal.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Or, and get the hutthurt cream, Maximum INGO-Strength, out for this . . . maybe buy a holster for your pocket carry needs?

Ah, but wouldn't that require slightly higher wisdom/intelligence than a 13-time felon? And wouldn't that mean that it is actually okay to pocket carry with said holster? Why do you continue to make misleading blanket statements about not carrying in your pocket?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ah, but wouldn't that require slightly higher wisdom/intelligence than a 13-time felon? And wouldn't that mean that it is actually okay to pocket carry with said holster? Why do you continue to make misleading blanket statements about not carrying in your pocket?

Pffft, you are you logic about wisdom and intelligence.

It is not "misleading" to say, "don't carry guns in your pocket as it is stupid and dangerous, but if you must do such a stupid and dangerous thing, get a holster to mitigate the risk."

And now we commence with the arguing. Let's do a preview:

Kirk: don't do stupid crap with guns like this (gives example).

INGO: It works for me! Meye ryeeets! I've been around guns all meye lie-eff and it ain't noways happened to *BANG* . . . sorry, Clem.

Kirk: *shakes head* I knew it.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Pffft, you are you logic about wisdom and intelligence.

It is not "misleading" to say, "don't carry guns in your pocket as it is stupid and dangerous, but if you must do such a stupid and dangerous thing, get a holster to mitigate the risk."

And now we commence with the arguing. Let's do a preview:

Kirk: don't do stupid crap with guns like this (gives example).

INGO: It works for me! Meye ryeeets! I've been around guns all meye lie-eff and it ain't noways happened to *BANG* . . . sorry, Clem.

Kirk: *shakes head* I knew it.

I know what would have prevented this! A law banning felons from possessing firearms, because, we need more and new laws!

(That always seems to be the answer.)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But when I have to go out somewhere in the evening, it's just easier to put on my "going to town" sweatpants that have pockets and slip my trusty J frame/Bobcat/42/Kel-Tec in the pocket.

I've never had a problem with it, nor have any of my fellow pocketed sweat pant wearer buddies.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    But when I have to go out somewhere in the evening, it's just easier to put on my "going to town" sweatpants that have pockets and slip my trusty J frame/Bobcat/42/Kel-Tec in the pocket.

I've never had a problem with it, nor have any of my fellow pocketed sweat pant wearer buddies.

Since it is a holiday weekend, I'm going to wear my best sweatpants this Saturday when going out with the Mrs.!

I will make sure to slip my AMT .380 Backup in the front pocket, as is "Meye ryeets!"

(I actually do own an AMT .380 Backup, inherited it. It resides in my safe.)

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I pocket carried my Double Tap 45 today in a pocket holster, to be discreet. This evening I let it all hang out with the S&W 1911 Pro Series 45 IWB. Nuts? Yes.

Yeah, they're still there.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    "...was charged with possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of meth..."

So simple possession of a firearm is a problem but maybe there's a lawful possession of meth? WA is sure leading the pack in progressiveness there. (yes I know he's a felon and thus the firearm but the sentence isn't worded that way)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but maybe there's a lawful possession of meth?

Yes, just as in Indiana. Got to have a prescription.

Know kids that are prescribed Desoxyn? That's for ADHD. That is meth.

Lots of medical uses for meth. It is just that society associates "meth" with hated out groups--homosexuals and poor whites, thus the stigma.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Yes, just as in Indiana. Got to have a prescription.

Know kids that are prescribed Desoxyn? That's for ADHD. That is meth.

Lots of medical uses for meth. It is just that society associates "meth" with hated out groups--homosexuals and poor whites, thus the stigma.

like heroin vs morphine, I suspect more than a prescription is needed to legalize the kind made in the garage or trailer park. have several coworkers that have had meth-lab fire/explosions within a block so there's a basis for the association.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

As long as you're wearing white tube socks with flip flops you're good to go...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Likely he was in and out. Doing life on the installment plan. Not all felonies merit prison and short jail stints are the usual sentence.

"Felon" encompasses a lot: OWI with prior, shoplifting, pot with prior, a pill without prescription, inter alia. Not all felonies are created equal.

07207885c2106d5246e6f0734602a201--trailer-park-boys-deep-quotes.jpg
    BjJCbDxCYAAhpvu.jpg

When I was recovering from surgery I was prescribed Oxy for the pain...So I put two in my shop bag with 4 aspirin just in case I needed them during the day when I first went back to the shop...Fortunately one of my customers, a former narcotics officer, saw them in my little Altoid tin and said, "Go home and get the bottle of Oxy with the scrip..."

"nah, I don't like them and they are just in case I need them..."

"look me in the eye...Go home and get the bottle with the scrip...I'll watch the shop..."

I had no idea you had to keep them in the bottle...I thought they were like blood pressure pills and you could carry them in a little pill tin...Nope....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom