• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've had a lifetime since 2013. I recently moved and my drivers license was expiring around the same time so I updated the address for my carry permit. Now I applied online for the new hard plastic card,and was approved in days. But have yet to get my card in the mail for over a month. And I notice it says in red "Local fee paid/waived?" In red at the bottom. No one at city county or no where in the application process did it ask me to pay for an address change,maybe I'm being impatient but just curious,as I cant carry. Is there a long wait time for the actual card being mailed? Or did I miss somewhere where you have to pay for a new one and if so can you point me in the right direction. Marion county, Indianapolis In here...thanks in advance

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've had a lifetime since 2013. I recently moved and my drivers license was expiring around the same time so I updated the address for my carry permit. Now I applied online for the new hard plastic card,and was approved in days. But have yet to get my card in the mail for over a month. And I notice it says in red "Local fee paid/waived?" In red at the bottom. No one at city county or no where in the application process did it ask me to pay for an address change,maybe I'm being impatient but just curious,as I cant carry. Is there a long wait time for the actual card being mailed? Or did I miss somewhere where you have to pay for a new one and if so can you point me in the right direction. Marion county, Indianapolis In here...thanks in advance

IIRC there is a $20 fee for address change on your new LTCH. You are required to update your address in 30 days after moving, but getting a new LTCH with the new address is a different thing in this case. You updated=you good by how I understand it. Anybody else?

Edit: 2013? Bet you had a wait and a half. My son got his in 2013, 7 month wait.

Eastside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Ya shows new address,so online I'm good. But in person w an officer,I'd like matching paperwork. When I did this yrs ago it was all city county. Who,where do I hand over 20$ . I'd be glad to. Might just walk in city county tomorrow and ask again

Chr15topher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    New Albany
    I believe if you didn’t pay anything, they just update your address on their end. You need to pay the fee if you want an updated card with your new address.

Hoosier - ISP online is best.

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I just completed a address change on a lifetime as well .. I had the old paper version... At the bottom of the website there should be the payment information. Looks like below... mine took about 3 weeks .. Hope this helps.
    Completed Payments
    DateAmountAuth CodeOrder Id
    04/29/2019 $21.42 066137 102942608

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you want to spend $21.42 that is not required, that is your prerogative.

It is not necessary to have your current address on your LTC or even to have it on your person.

You must inform ISP of your new address within 30 days of the move. This is done at their website FOR FREE.

Your LTC is linked to your name at ISP and can be accessed by police if there is any question.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^this

the jbts are still going to disarm you with or without your pink card. you will be made an example for exercising your right to bear arms all in the name of thug, i mean, officer safety.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ya shows new address,so online I'm good. But in person w an officer,I'd like matching paperwork. When I did this yrs ago it was all city county. Who,where do I hand over 20$ . I'd be glad to. Might just walk in city county tomorrow and ask again

You want the correct card. Trust me. That signature below is there for good reason.

If you want to spend $21.42 that is not required that is your prerogative.

It is not necessary to have your current address on your LTC or even to have it on your person.

You must inform ISO of your new address within 30 days of the move. This is done at their website FOR FREE.

Your LTC is linked to your name at ISP and can be accessed by police if there is any question.

Not all departments are connected to the database. Within the last 2 or 3 years Fishers PD was not connected and would have to make a phone call to verify permit validity. I was pulled over and I had my correct card on me and the officer threatened to arrest me if the ISP database came back as a different address. (he was confused about the law)

I ended up sitting on the side of the road for 45 minutes because the ISP records office would not answer the phone nor return Fishers PD's call to verify my info. :facepalm:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why were you pulled over?

Did you inform. If so, why?

Why did you allow it to be that protracted?

Did you inform the officer of the law?

I have respect for you from long acquaintance here, but I never would have put up with that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Why were you pulled over?

Did you inform. If so, why?

Why did you allow it to be that protracted?

Did you inform the officer of the law?

I have respect for you from long acquaintance here, but I never would have put up with that.

Speeding in a "construction zone" (only in name. Construction was complete and all equipment was removed. All was left was taking down the signs and removing the barrels that were against the retaining wall. I didnt notice the signs as I was relying on my GPS' posted speed limits)
    I had to go past it to get to my registration.
    I had no choice but to wait for him. And I had no idea exactly how much time had passed until I got back on the road and looked at my clock. He wasnt standing by my car, and was back in his SUV most of the time.
    And given the rather aggressive attitude of the officer, arguing with him over what he should have known to do his job properly was not appropriate in the moment. I had too much to lose being a smart ass citizen. The best I could muster was making it clear that it was not necessary and was handing it to him under protest.

In the end it ended "well" as he opted for a written warning instead of a $500+ ticket. I learned several lessons that day. (so dont bother with the "you shouldnt keep your gun with your registration", etc :cool:)

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    I had the old paper lifetime and wanted the new plastic card with the correct address on it .. just to be safe... I was kinda thinking that $21.42 with everything correct was cheap insurance against any possible questions or hassle..

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Wife and I both had lifetime before we were married. If I remember correctly, they do the name change for free. They were notified via web sight within 30 days but they never sent her one with her correct name. But, they were notified.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They have never sent you a new card, unless you pay for it, even when it was pink paper.

Top Bottom