Self Defense Lawyer and self defense shooting out of state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have our local lawyer Guy in my phone as a self defense lawyer God forbid I am ever forced into a self defense shooting. If it happens to be in a different state does one need to get a lawyer from that state or can a local lawyer defend you out of state. I travel to KY on occasion and I know many lawyers can practice in both states, but if traveling several states away is there a resource for finding a self defense lawyer ?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You need to ask your lawyer if he/she is licensed to practice in [STRIKE]Indiana[/STRIKE] Kentucky.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If you carry insurance for self protection most of the best companies post bail, contact lawyers and line up experts.

The money it takes to do this on your own will boggle the mind, the policy is cheap in comparison...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If it happens to be in a different state does one need to get a lawyer from that state or can a local lawyer defend you out of state.

Depends, an attorney not admitted to the bar to practice in a state can petition the court to represent a client in a specific case. The court doesn't have to grant said petition though.

Top Bottom