Join INGunOwners For Free
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Self Defense Lawyer and self defense shooting out of state?

I have our local lawyer Guy in my phone as a self defense lawyer God forbid I am ever forced into a self defense shooting. If it happens to be in a different state does one need to get a lawyer from that state or can a local lawyer defend you out of state. I travel to KY on occasion and I know many lawyers can practice in both states, but if traveling several states away is there a resource for finding a self defense lawyer ?

User Info Menu

You need to ask your lawyer if he/she is licensed to practice in Indiana Kentucky.
    Last edited by MCgrease08; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:40.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

Expert

User Info Menu

If you carry insurance for self protection most of the best companies post bail, contact lawyers and line up experts.

The money it takes to do this on your own will boggle the mind, the policy is cheap in comparison...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paul30 View Post
    If it happens to be in a different state does one need to get a lawyer from that state or can a local lawyer defend you out of state.
    Depends, an attorney not admitted to the bar to practice in a state can petition the court to represent a client in a specific case. The court doesn't have to grant said petition though.