• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just wanted to post this, because it has a lot of fail on the part of the carrier and a lot of professionalism on the part of the cop.

If this was the other way around it would get a million views and thousands of replies. It will not get much in this case.

[video=youtube;LsvUmqU9mi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvUmqU9mi4[/video]

Kid brought it all on himself. He was respectful. Cop was courteous and professional. Kid did seem repentant.

Nice bike, with great power comes great responsibility. As with a gun.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Deep fake to edit out the curbstomping.

I can tell by all the pixellated parts.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've had over 20 MCs since I was 16.
    I avoided "speed bikes" purposefully to keep the temptation down.
    I can't imagine weaving in and out of traffic like that, your life could change in a moment with someone changing lanes unexpectedly and they didn't see you.
    As with all MC riders, I have stories of how, though no fault of my own, drivers in cars simply didn't see you and if you don't always drive like the worse could happen, your screwed.
    Sometimes that isn't enough.
    Nothing like a $300 dollar speeding ticket to teach proper MC etiquette on the street.
    I had a friend who just bought a new Yamaha Vmax and was in town (Greenwood, I think), late night and had 4-6 lanes with noone around so he "goosed" it from a light and got up to 100ish mph before the next light: cop on a corner nailed him: impounded the bike and etc.
    Lesson learned.
    He was a very safe driver and "never" did anything stupid like that, just a one-time testing out a new bike under "safe" conditions: that's his story and he's sticking to it.
    He's getting near 60 now and has a big Yamaha cruiser after a dozen "sport/speed" bikes.
    He also has a fairly new C7 'Vette he bought last year (supercharged) with 14k miles on it (his 5th).
    I always said I'd buy one of his "old" Vettes from him, but I see that vision slipping away.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Right 2A_Tom this thread will be quiet; and why shouldn't it? Police abuse of power is seen as a threat to the rule of law, social order, and trust between the public and LE. Some guy having a speed rush on his bike and remembering how to act in public when he got pulled over....not as much.

Kudos to the LEO

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Good encounter. He could have written him up for a lot more, the biker is lucky.
    But then again he wasn’t a pretty blond doing 106 like on Live PD who got a warning ticket...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Deep fake to edit out the curbstomping.

I can tell by all the pixellated parts.

:laugh:

There's no way he didn't curbstomp that little turd. I loved where the biker was getting upset at cagers.

Well, he got what he wanted - YouTube likes.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    When the officer was at his car for that long, I thought, "yup, it takes a lot of time to write that many tickets."

Although the guy on the bike committed a LOT of dumb***ery, he owned it and was polite and professional to the officer. Having been on both sides of that kind of transaction, the rider's behavior led to getting this "discount" to just one ticket for Following too Closely.

This is the kind of thing that happens thousands of times each day between officers and citizens; most are not noteworthy because they happen like here, where the cop and the citizen are polite, professional, and respectful to each other. Like so many things, it is the outliers that get the attention.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here, I've deserved the tickets I've received. However, deserving them didn't mean I wasn't mad about it! :):

I have had my (more than) fair share. Most I deserved. Some.....well, uh.....maybe. But what you drive, how you drive it, how you address the LEO involved have a lot to do with the outcome.

Now, that said I have gotten some serious more than fair breaks in my day as well.....:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I deserved every ticket I ever got...

Except for the speed trap in Maryland.

I was on I 95 doing the speed limit. A blue GTO came up along side me and challenged me to a race. I shook mu head no and kept my speed even. The goat pulled up in front of me and dropped to 5 mph under the limit. I changed lanes, passed him and pulled in front of him doing 55. He did it again. I passed him again. he did it again. When I attempted to pass him again he sped up. Not realizing it I was trying to pass him and going faster and faster.

As we crested a hill we were both directed to the side by smokey bear hat state troopers he pulled to the side behind me while I got written up. When I drove off, I am certain that he was directed to go get another one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Funny how smoothly interactions with the police go when you don't decide to be belligerent and combative right out of the gate.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I saw reckless driving. Speeding, following too closely, sudden lane changes. Then he doesn't stop when the lights come on. You stop when the lights come on, not wherever is convenient for you. That would have been a high-risk, AKA "felony" stop for me.

Also, I probably would have arrested for reckless driving, and impounded the bike.

Top Bottom