Join INGunOwners For Free

User Info Menu

Safe Direction at the DMV, Kansas City

Alright, which one of you was it? The "safe direction" crowd? The "eet ain't low-dead" crowd?

Woman fires pistol at DMV.

Frustrated Woman Opens Fire at Kansas City DMV | WLS-AM 890 | WLS-AM
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

Are you claiming this woman did not do this intentionally? This isn't a safety issue. It is a criminal issue.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Plinker

User Info Menu

Definitely intentional, dangerous, and stupid.

Expert

User Info Menu

It wasn't even a matter of pocket carry because it was in her purse.
    Political Correctness is Fascism Pretending to be Manners- George Carlin

User Info Menu

Hey... it's DMV.
    I totally get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

She went outside to fire off rounds... I don't see a problem here.

Probably a fan of Point Break.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

jpr
    Plinker

User Info Menu

I could see her point. I was at the DMV here in New Haven yesterday and was out in less than 15 minutes. I told the lady that when I lived in NC, if you had to do anything at the DMV or license branch, you better take the day off. It was ridiculous.

User Info Menu

LOL Kirk, there's nothing about unintentional in the news story. There's no safety issue, just a issue of mental imbalance.

Should have read: Nutcase opens fire in gun-free zone, be careful out there, concealed means concealed, etc...
    It's over for now... it seems... until yesterday begins again...tomorrow...

User Info Menu

Dealt with the BMV in NY, Seattle Washington, Va, and CA. I have never seen a place like IN, haven't spent more than 20 minutes in it even when they are busy. Very quick and easy to deal with in our area.

One day I went there and sat next to a man wearing a dress shirt with the name of a paving company on it. They had been repaving the 15 mile stretch that is the only way in/out of the small towns north of there. This always causes delays and elevated tempers to the commuters. I had noticed this time the workers were exceedingly polite, they actually smiled at you and waved. They engaged you in conversation if you had to wait and really made an effort to get people thru as quickly as possible.

I mentioned this to him and complimented their behavior to the drivers. He looked at me stunned for a couple of minutes and said " We never hear this!! I expected an earful about the delays!!". It was worth it to see the look on his face.

Don

User Info Menu

Never had a problem at the BMV even at the height of all of the horror stories about them when I moved here in '99. Longest wait less than 10 minutes.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???