Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
  1. #41
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    All this talk of neighbors watching out is a reality I wish I had. Living in a less than desirable apartment complex has led to some rather interesting interactions with neighbors and more than one instance of people knocking on the door at 2am. Usually they are looking for their dealers house. Through experience we have learned impd takes about 20 minutes to show up. Let's just say that if its after 10pm and you knock on our door you no longer receive a warm welcome. Our bedroom window has a view of the front door and my woman is there ready with a 20ga while I answer the door with a holstered handgun. I always carry at home until bed, then it's in a pistol safe on the nightstand. Thankyou for sharing your experience, hopefully we can all learn from it and use it as a chance to go over our own plans.

  2. #42
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    So you would ignore as well. ???
    I did not say ignore. I said I tended to agree with rvb's point, but the OP was in the situation, not me.

    I don't live in the city in a home with a glass door. It would not be possible for a drunk to be standing on my front porch after mistaking my family's house for a neighbor's house...and for a drunk to be on my porch at night means several other systems had failed completely...or someone had stolen the gate, fence, security system and kidnapped the dogs

    Where I live if we see someone who is sketchy walking the road, or driving / parking here and there...we call our neighbors and they call us. I take looking out for our neighbors very seriously, as they are also all our friends.

    If a person believes they have an emergency that they cannot handle, call 911. An interesting aside, 911 just celebrated its 50th birthday in Indiana. First ever 911 call in Indiana was made in 1968, in Huntington Indiana.

  3. #43
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbjj View Post
    I did not say ignore. I said I tended to agree with rvb's point, but the OP was in the situation, not me.

    I don't live in the city in a home with a glass door. It would not be possible for a drunk to be standing on my front porch after mistaking my family's house for a neighbor's house...and for a drunk to be on my porch at night means several other systems had failed completely...or someone had stolen the gate, fence, security system and kidnapped the dogs

    Where I live if we see someone who is sketchy walking the road, or driving / parking here and there...we call our neighbors and they call us. I take looking out for our neighbors very seriously, as they are also all our friends.

    If a person believes they have an emergency that they cannot handle, call 911. An interesting aside, 911 just celebrated its 50th birthday in Indiana. First ever 911 call in Indiana was made in 1968, in Huntington Indiana.
    Thank you.

    I am not knocking anyone's outlook on how they address these situations. We all see the world through our own eyes from our own experiences.
    My area has been and can still get a little rough when outside influences come in looking for trouble. The drug sub-culture has a hold on the fringes. There seems to be no escape from this if you live in the city. Not completely.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  4. #44
    Expert dudley0's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    The drug sub-culture has a hold on the fringes. There seems to be no escape from this if you live in the city. Not completely.
    It's not just the big cities my friend... lots of little places around here that are ate up with the nasty.

  5. #45
    Sharpshooter Trapper Jim's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dudley0 View Post
    It's not just the big cities my friend... lots of little places around here that are ate up with the nasty.
    You are right my friend. Evil has no permanent zip code. I have many real life experiences that have chiseled out my beliefs. Even my friend Mas will tell you it is very hard to take statements or write in true detail about crime and scenarios. I can however justify my StreetWise Series of education by making exact statements on what I do. I will be glad to discuss any of these in a session or one on one over coffee.

    I work hard at mastering all the firearms to the very best of my ability including revolver and long guns.
    I will continue the shooting sports and load and shoot tens of thousands of rounds a year until I cannot afford it.
    I will wipe all my carry ammo.
    I will not call police until I think it is time to turn over control.
    I will not trust my street holsters to plastic.
    I will not trust my street guns to rails, lights, lasers, dots, Fiber Optics, plastic magazine followers, cheap ass third world ammo or subcaliber bullets.
    I will always work on SA and continue to teach my family.
    I will always build relationships with the people i do business with including the postmaster, UPS and FedEx.
    I will work hard and maintain a neighborhood watch program and will question any one on my street I feel the need to.
    I will try to avoid the fight.
    I will trust my personal lighting to Surefire.
    I will trust my tools to Cold Steel and Randall.
    I will support our Freedoms and the 2nd.
    I will continue to teach and help the sportsman enhance his skill set.

    My Life. My Creed.

    Be careful out there.
    "Test what you Think You Know"

  6. #46
    Grandmaster Sigblitz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I don't wipe ammo.
    My best shooter has fiber optics.
    I fight when hands are put on me.

  7. #47
    Grandmaster Sigblitz's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    Me, talking through the door, nonchalantly putting hand in pocket getting a full firing grip on 642: Yo WTH do you want?
    Tweaker: [who cares what he says]
    Me: Wrong house dude, GTF outta here.

    end of story.

    -rvb
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbjj View Post
    I did not say ignore. I said I tended to agree with rvb's point, but the OP was in the situation, not me.
    Can you send an officer to answer my door?

  8. #48
    Sharpshooter Trapper Jim's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    I don't wipe ammo.
    My best shooter has fiber optics.
    I fight when hands are put on me.

    I too like my FO sights on my race guns but still will only carry solid steel on the street. I have seen too many failures of FO. They get compromised by the elements and cleaning agents, become brittle and then fall out when you need them most. Not to mention breaking on urban clutter. The frame work that holds the tube is a weak link as well. I can rip a jugular, tear up unwanted hands on my gun, break glass, even rip open a bag of beans if need be and my front sight will still be there. Just sayin...
    "Test what you Think You Know"

  9. #49
    Grandmaster stephen87's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I will say, not all officers will perceive you as a threar just because you have a firearm in hand. I was out looking under my barns for coyote pups that were whining at 0200. I had my handgun and a light out looking. Officer walked up, shined his light right on my hand, asked why I was outside at 0200 in a backyard with a flashlight and then wished me a good night
    Quote Originally Posted by LockStocksAndBarrel View Post
    Good point, stephen87! As usual it was well thought out, concise, and well, brilliant.

  10. #50
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper Jim View Post
    You are right my friend. Evil has no permanent zip code. I have many real life experiences that have chiseled out my beliefs. Even my friend Mas will tell you it is very hard to take statements or write in true detail about crime and scenarios. I can however justify my StreetWise Series of education by making exact statements on what I do. I will be glad to discuss any of these in a session or one on one over coffee.

    I work hard at mastering all the firearms to the very best of my ability including revolver and long guns.
    I will continue the shooting sports and load and shoot tens of thousands of rounds a year until I cannot afford it.
    I will wipe all my carry ammo.
    I will not call police until I think it is time to turn over control.
    I will not trust my street holsters to plastic.
    I will not trust my street guns to rails, lights, lasers, dots, Fiber Optics, plastic magazine followers, cheap ass third world ammo or subcaliber bullets.
    I will always work on SA and continue to teach my family.
    I will always build relationships with the people i do business with including the postmaster, UPS and FedEx.
    I will work hard and maintain a neighborhood watch program and will question any one on my street I feel the need to.
    I will try to avoid the fight.
    I will trust my personal lighting to Surefire.
    I will trust my tools to Cold Steel and Randall.
    I will support our Freedoms and the 2nd.
    I will continue to teach and help the sportsman enhance his skill set.

    My Life. My Creed.

    Be careful out there.
    Now that would be a good cup of coffee right there.

    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge