• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Went over to Point Blank to plink a little yesterday.
    Not a huge fan of indoor ranges but with the hot weather, it was a nice time.
    Afterwards had a great conversation with one of help there. Reminded me of the small Gunshops where you shoot the breeze about all things guns.
    Knowledgeable person. I shook his hand and thanked him for his time.
    Having those discussions just made the experience more enjoyable.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    North side location. Went fairly early to avoid the midday crowd.
    Again it was reminiscent of a mom and pop gun shop type discussion.
    That type of visit really adds value.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Like a small shop other than the four to five ND's that have happened in the showroom by store employees at that location.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Much like a small shop, except prices are generally $50 to $100 higher than my two favorite shops.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Ours in Merrillville is like that. No ND's in showroom. 1 gang banger shot himself in the hand on the range.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I find it a terrible shame that Beech Grove Firearms & RANGE was apparently never able to recover. The shop is still there but the range is history and I guess no one but the owners really know why. I miss that place and the people there. I do drop in once and a great while but more firearms is the least of my needs. I also miss the old Camp Atterbury, I had a lot of fun there.
    I'm all for safety but sometimes it takes all the fun out of it and we don't have any desert close by. I used to shoot all day at a trash dump but they turned it into a golf course.
    Oh well, I've got the memorys.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Casual Gun Owners in a small room unattended while the one or two employees are working the counter or playing video games is always a problem. However, they are some reputable well ran ones.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I find it a terrible shame that Beech Grove Firearms & RANGE was apparently never able to recover. The shop is still there but the range is history and I guess no one but the owners really know why. I miss that place and the people there. I do drop in once and a great while but more firearms is the least of my needs. I also miss the old Camp Atterbury, I had a lot of fun there.
    I'm all for safety but sometimes it takes all the fun out of it and we don't have any desert close by. I used to shoot all day at a trash dump but they turned it into a golf course.
    Oh well, I've got the memorys.

If I recall the story correctly, didn't someone fire a tracer round into a tire berm there ? I hear that was a nice range prior to that incident.

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    It's a shame. There's always one dumb*ss that ruins things for everyone.

There's a little shop in Martinsville that I've always wanted to check out. I head down south a couple of times a year to camp and pass that place. I'm always rolling by before they open or on a Sunday.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The SPB range in Merrillville is well monitored. They only had one range open the other day, but opened the other range for me and my grandson and we had it to ourselves.

Someone fired a tracer there also and closed it down for a day.

There backstop is ground rubber and they change it out every couple of months to harvest the metal.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'll never shop Point Blank again since the last time I went in, they were VERY pushy about getting my email address for their records, almost to the point of driving me off. Their employee said he couldn't sell me the gun unless I gave him my email address and only until a manager intervened did he finally "allow it". Overhearing conversations while looking at guns, I've heard the classic "here honey, this is the gun you need" to new women shooters and the guy was trying to sell her an Airweight or subcompact high recoil .380. Combined with their scanning of your driver's license for range time, I've sworn off them.

vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    I'll never shop Point Blank again since the last time I went in, they were VERY pushy about getting my email address for their records, almost to the point of driving me off. Their employee said he couldn't sell me the gun unless I gave him my email address and only until a manager intervened did he finally "allow it". Overhearing conversations while looking at guns, I've heard the classic "here honey, this is the gun you need" to new women shooters and the guy was trying to sell her an Airweight or subcompact high recoil .380. Combined with their scanning of your driver's license for range time, I've sworn off them.

These are the times we live in. Ever try to join the NRA without giving them an email? Can't be done. At least not online. And if you give a fake one, you can't verify your membership. Emails=fingerprints. No tinfoil hats required. This is how it is nowadays.

240sx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2019
    Fishers
    I remember the Beech Grove range.
    It had to be the nicest set up I've seen.
    Last time we were there my 70 yr old dad shooting
    my Lee Enfield. Feb 21, 2014

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My kid does PT down the road from the Carmel location.
    So I've been in a couple of times.
    Don't care for the look/vibe............prefer mom and pop.
    But the employees have been attentive and polite.
    So not an unpleasant experience.

Reg clientele seems a bit dorky and needy LOL

As for gunshops............I sure miss Lengels and Norms.

I try to avoid shooting indoors. Seen too much stupidity.
    Gave up years ago.

And have no added holes in me :)

Top Bottom