Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Indoor Range and Gunshop Talk

Went over to Point Blank to plink a little yesterday.
    Not a huge fan of indoor ranges but with the hot weather, it was a nice time.
    Afterwards had a great conversation with one of help there. Reminded me of the small Gunshops where you shoot the breeze about all things guns.
    Knowledgeable person. I shook his hand and thanked him for his time.
    Having those discussions just made the experience more enjoyable.

User Info Menu

Which one did you go to? Went to the one on the south side once. They were super friendly and helpful.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

User Info Menu

North side location. Went fairly early to avoid the midday crowd.
    Again it was reminiscent of a mom and pop gun shop type discussion.
    That type of visit really adds value.

User Info Menu

Like a small shop other than the four to five ND's that have happened in the showroom by store employees at that location.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Yes sir. There's a small shop in Sheridan like that and Bradis was like that as well.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Much like a small shop, except prices are generally $50 to $100 higher than my two favorite shops.
    oremus pro invicem

User Info Menu

Ours in Merrillville is like that. No ND's in showroom. 1 gang banger shot himself in the hand on the range.

User Info Menu

I find it a terrible shame that Beech Grove Firearms & RANGE was apparently never able to recover. The shop is still there but the range is history and I guess no one but the owners really know why. I miss that place and the people there. I do drop in once and a great while but more firearms is the least of my needs. I also miss the old Camp Atterbury, I had a lot of fun there.
    I'm all for safety but sometimes it takes all the fun out of it and we don't have any desert close by. I used to shoot all day at a trash dump but they turned it into a golf course.
    Oh well, I've got the memorys.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

Casual Gun Owners in a small room unattended while the one or two employees are working the counter or playing video games is always a problem. However, they are some reputable well ran ones.
    "See you on the Range"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    I find it a terrible shame that Beech Grove Firearms & RANGE was apparently never able to recover. The shop is still there but the range is history and I guess no one but the owners really know why. I miss that place and the people there. I do drop in once and a great while but more firearms is the least of my needs. I also miss the old Camp Atterbury, I had a lot of fun there.
    I'm all for safety but sometimes it takes all the fun out of it and we don't have any desert close by. I used to shoot all day at a trash dump but they turned it into a golf course.
    Oh well, I've got the memorys.
    If I recall the story correctly, didn't someone fire a tracer round into a tire berm there ? I hear that was a nice range prior to that incident.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast