• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    A couple years ago I moved from Indiana to Ohio for work and now I’m moving back to Indiana. My CHL hasn’t expired so is it still good, or do I need to go through the whole process again?

any info would be much appreciated!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A couple years ago I moved from Indiana to Ohio for work and now IÂ’m moving back to Indiana. My CHL hasnÂ’t expired so is it still good, or do I need to go through the whole process again?

any info would be much appreciated!

CHL is the Ohio handgun license. With that said, are you an Indiana resident? At that point your CHL is no longer valid because you are an Indiana resident and must have an Indiana LTCH.

This is dumb. The day before you are perfectly legal since Indiana recognizes all other States' handgun licenses. This seems like a good candidate for a Jim Lucas/Jim Tomes bill in the next legislative session. Also moves the sticks closer to the goal of Constitutional Carry.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. Are you an Indiana resident? If yes, then no.

2. When you moved to Ohio "a couple of years ago" did you have your Lifetime Carry LIcense? If yes, then use your Indiana Lifetime. If no, then apply for one.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    To clarify, I had an Indiana carry permit that has not expired, but it was not the lifetime. I am currently an Ohio resident with Ohio drivers license and an Ohio carry permit. But will obviously be attaining an Indiana drivers license once i buy a house.

Its not a big deal if I have to apply again, I was just curious if I could just update my address (once I get one) and be good to go.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    To clarify, I had an Indiana carry permit that has not expired, but it was not the lifetime. I am currently an Ohio resident with Ohio drivers license and an Ohio carry permit. But will obviously be attaining an Indiana drivers license once i buy a house.

Its not a big deal if I have to apply again, I was just curious if I could just update my address (once I get one) and be good to go.

I am not aware of a reason why the Indiana license would not be valid once you are an Indiana resident.

...and yes, when it comes time to renew- the lifetime. Always the lifetime.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am not aware of a reason why the Indiana license would not be valid once you are an Indiana resident.

...and yes, when it comes time to renew- the lifetime. Always the lifetime.

Unless/until the (fee-free next year) 5-year becomes Brady compliant, in which case one might have a good reason to get it alongside the lifetime.

Top Bottom