Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Is my CHL still good?

A couple years ago I moved from Indiana to Ohio for work and now Iím moving back to Indiana. My CHL hasnít expired so is it still good, or do I need to go through the whole process again?

any info would be much appreciated!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nojoy621 View Post
    A couple years ago I moved from Indiana to Ohio for work and now I’m moving back to Indiana. My CHL hasn’t expired so is it still good, or do I need to go through the whole process again?

any info would be much appreciated!
    CHL is the Ohio handgun license. With that said, are you an Indiana resident? At that point your CHL is no longer valid because you are an Indiana resident and must have an Indiana LTCH.

This is dumb. The day before you are perfectly legal since Indiana recognizes all other States' handgun licenses. This seems like a good candidate for a Jim Lucas/Jim Tomes bill in the next legislative session. Also moves the sticks closer to the goal of Constitutional Carry.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

1. Are you an Indiana resident? If yes, then no.

2. When you moved to Ohio "a couple of years ago" did you have your Lifetime Carry LIcense? If yes, then use your Indiana Lifetime. If no, then apply for one.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

If you had/have an IN license and are not moving back to the same address as before, don't you have to notify/update you license?

Marksman

User Info Menu

To clarify, I had an Indiana carry permit that has not expired, but it was not the lifetime. I am currently an Ohio resident with Ohio drivers license and an Ohio carry permit. But will obviously be attaining an Indiana drivers license once i buy a house.

Its not a big deal if I have to apply again, I was just curious if I could just update my address (once I get one) and be good to go.

User Info Menu

I hear the lifetime's going away. Read it on INGO once. Must be true.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    I hear the lifetime's going away. Read it on INGO once. Must be true.
    Yeah, but what is the local gun store saying. That is where you get the real story.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Yeah, but what is the local gun store saying. That is where you get the real story.
    Naw, it just cost more at the LGS, everyone knows itís cheaper on INGO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nojoy621 View Post
    To clarify, I had an Indiana carry permit that has not expired, but it was not the lifetime. I am currently an Ohio resident with Ohio drivers license and an Ohio carry permit. But will obviously be attaining an Indiana drivers license once i buy a house.

Its not a big deal if I have to apply again, I was just curious if I could just update my address (once I get one) and be good to go.
    I am not aware of a reason why the Indiana license would not be valid once you are an Indiana resident.

...and yes, when it comes time to renew- the lifetime. Always the lifetime.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    I am not aware of a reason why the Indiana license would not be valid once you are an Indiana resident.

...and yes, when it comes time to renew- the lifetime. Always the lifetime.
    Unless/until the (fee-free next year) 5-year becomes Brady compliant, in which case one might have a good reason to get it alongside the lifetime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast