• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Common sense tells me that when I do a ride along with the Local PD, that I should leave my carry weapon at home. Is that what your common sense meter tells you as well?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't rely on common sense. Ask! The departments I rode with would not let me carry. And at times they didn't want me to exit the car during a stop. I did have a couple officers tell me how to get to the trunk and grab the shotgun if SHTF.

My brother rode along where he lived and the Leo let him carry.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    When I did it, the officer told me that I was not supposed to, but he did not personally care and appreciated the fact that he'd have a ready ally in a firefight. I know others who have had similar experiences.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    My department also prohibited riders from carrying. If it was someone I knew, they may or may not have been carrying. I never asked. I also told them where the shotgun was. And by backup gun I kept in the car.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I personally wouldn’t want a rider carrying. I would rather they be intimately familiar with the location of the orange button on my radio.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Common sense tells me that when I do a ride along with the Local PD, that I should leave my carry weapon at home. Is that what your common sense meter tells you as well?
    Common sense tells me that i wouldnt ride along with someone I didnt trust to have my back or I theirs and that knowing department policy i would make sure no one ever seen me with a firearm or printing for the duration of my ride along so as not to force an end to said ride along. But if you think id be unarmed for a ride along chinese proverb says you ****ing crazy.
    If that's an issue it would be a mutual no ride along situation. I'm not going to put anyone into a situation they are uncomfortable with. I wouldn't ever ride along with just anyone

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Common sense tells me that i wouldnt ride along with someone I didnt trust to have my back or I theirs and that knowing department policy i would make sure no one ever seen me with a firearm or printing for the duration of my ride along so as not to force an end to said ride along. But if you think id be unarmed for a ride along chinese proverb says you ****ing crazy.
    If that's an issue it would be a mutual no ride along situation. I'm not going to put anyone into a situation they are uncomfortable with. I wouldn't ever ride along with just anyone

Years ago I rode with a relative. He made a DUI arrest, and when we went to holding cell he had to take his weapon off and secure it to enter that part of the jail. At the time I wasn't carrying, but wondered how that would have played out if I were...

Top Bottom