Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Could you have stopped the evil?

Somber times like this, after the El Paso active shooter, brings me pause. What could I have done to stop the carnage?

If circumstances were right, could you have put effective stopping rounds on a rifle wielding active shooter?

If you were alone, without family or friends to safely evacuate and had cover, could you have stopped the active shooter from 50 yards with your EDC?

Obviously, the rifle in your trunk would be a better tool, but all you have is your EDC. Could you put effective rounds on the shooter to stop them from further shooting?

We're not talking dangerous to yourself and others spray and pray or foolish "hero" running into the gunfire. We're talking about accurate marksmanship that you have practiced/trained at and can execute with more than 80% of your shots.

Could you make those shots?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

In before "it depends." (And Jerry Miculek can do it).

But seriously, have you grouped a striker-fired handgun at 50 yards? If he's within range of you...you're within range of him. But he has a rifle. And is likely not stationary.

I can do it one-handed at 50 yards...but I do not carry my bullseye gun. And a slide-mounted optic, unfortunately, does not make my carry gun into a bullseye gun.
    Last edited by Twangbanger; 08-03-2019 at 21:28.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Man this is a tough one. Seriously.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

If within 15yrds, I'll give it all I got to stop it. I'm pretty sure he's not shooting back once I get my rounds on him. Yup, that's pretty bold of me to say that. I know. But I'm tired of cowards like these. They're all just lucky not to have someone shoot back at them.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happygunner View Post
    If within 15yrds, I'll give it all I got to stop it. I'm pretty sure he's not shooting back once I get my rounds on him. Yup, that's pretty bold of me to say that. I know. But I'm tired of cowards like these. They're all just lucky not to have someone shoot back at them.
    Pretty much. And yes we shoot out to 50 with our hand guns. A lot.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Everyone who carries should train and find out what their capabilities are. Work on your shortcomings. Can you make a 50 yard shot with your adrenaline pumping? Most people canít....as CM said, itís a tough one.
    All men are created equal...Only a few become a Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine..

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    Everyone who carries should train and find out what their capabilities are. Work on your shortcomings. Can you make a 50 yard shot with your adrenaline pumping? Most people canít....as CM said, itís a tough one.
    The heart rate and anxiety's that go with this would be a limiting factor or it could enhance your SA. Different with everyone.

I have shot with you. Inside 25 yards with any real control it is a no brainer.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

I am totally confident I could effectively make a center mass hit at 50 yds with any gun I regularly carry. But it's going to depend on my cover and his as well as what's behind the shooter. On the range, sure, but it's hard to train on the range for mass shooting response.
    Last edited by snorko; 08-03-2019 at 21:43.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

30-40 yards, yes. 50 yards, Iím unsure.

Iíll definitely work on pushing myself on accuracy at those distances and see what I can accomplish.

User Info Menu

With adrenaline pumping, 50yds, I'm not confident I could. That said, you bet your sweet ass I'd find out.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast