• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Something something... [strike]city ordinance. [/strike] “administrative code” Something something... concealed. Something something... infield parking.

Last edited:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    something, something, thrown out, something, something, confiscated, something, something, not just during the fair any longer but year-round (unless for sale/trade at an event or locked in your vehicle) and everyone but LE/security actually working at the fairgrounds, something, something, includes knives and anything else remotely considered a weapon.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The north entrance we used last Saturday had us go through metal detectors. Not just wanding.

I do not know if infield parking / entrance goes through metal detectors.

I also suspect that it's still quite easy to bring in prohibited items.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    My wife used infield parking today and called to tell me that they were using metal detectors at those entrances

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Something something concealed means something something concealed.
    Personally, I tend to not "break the law" (yes, I know it is IAC) just so I can be entertained. If the State does not want me to attend, then I simply will not attend, and I will not give them my $$$. Plenty of other opportunities for fairs, festivals, and shows for my family to attend this summer, without compromise.

And yes, I have written the Fair Board and my State reps voicing my displeasure in the updated IAC, and the fact that they no longer want me to attend ANY show their (Gun shows, travel shows, fair, etc...) with the updated rule.

But, that's just me. Ya'll can do as you wish.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Batter it, fry it, dust with powdered sugar, and walk right in!

Deep-Fried-Glock-670x449.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My wife used infield parking today and called to tell me that they were using metal detectors at those entrances

When people talk on open forums about how they circumvent inconsistent security theatrics, it's going to get back to the people staging the theatrics eventually.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    When people talk on open forums about how they circumvent inconsistent security theatrics, it's going to get back to the people staging the theatrics eventually.
    I wasn't telling anyone how to circumvent security. I was making people aware that they had set up detectors at the tunnel entrances. Last year there were no detectors or wanding at these locations.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Went today and they had walk thru detectors at the tunnel from the infield. They didn't seem to work on knives though.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Went today and they had walk thru detectors at the tunnel from the infield. They didn't seem to work on knives though.
    I think it depended on which tunnel you used. I went through noth and set off the north one but not the south one.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I wasn't telling anyone how to circumvent security. I was making people aware that they had set up detectors at the tunnel entrances. Last year there were no detectors or wanding at these locations.

I wasn't referring specifically to you. Quite a number of people over time have suggested parking inside in order to bypass the entrances that have the metal detectors.

Top Bottom