Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Sanders View Post

Can an idiot reach a point where his exercise of a constitutional right is so stupid and reckless that he no longer HAS that right?
    In my opinion, I'm going to say yes. We restrict firearms ownership to people who have possibly done less. What about the guy who got a dishonorable discharge for some seemingly harmless dereliction of duty or refusing to do as ordered.

My son got sued once for negligence operation of a vehicle because he lost control of his car and hit a guardrail and flipped his car which then got tagged by a semi-truck. No one got hurt due to his actions, but we still spent two years fighting a $2 mil lawsuit.

People who pull stunts like this are more concerning to me than the above two instances. Gun owners need to be responsible, safe and they need to think of spreading goodwill to the communities in which they live. These tacticool displays and 2A testing of police officers have never appealed to me.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

Is it also possible that he was an anti 2A that was hoping to elicit a reaction to further his gun control agenda? A very dangerous move no matter what his motives were ESPECIALLY in such close proximity to Wal Mart, Dayton and the Garlic Fest. But this could be the straw that tips the balance against the law abiding in the room.

If he was streaming or recording there is no doubt a trail to help determine his motives if they haven't already been published yet.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Stupid yes but he did nothing illegal. The FF on the other hand brandished a weapon.
    I just don't feel safe in gun free zones...

User Info Menu

If you mimic a recent shooting down to the venue and equipment used you're basically shouting FIRE in a crowded theater. That was intentional idiocy.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by natdscott View Post
    You'd be wrong. They don't, necessarily.
    Yea I know.

User Info Menu

It will get to the point anyone open carrying will get swatted as a potential active shooter. Notice how the media isn't even mentioning the possible open carry aspect of this?

Tin Foil Hat addon: Dude is from Portland originally. Lib stronghold. Maybe Antifa ties? Or an anti-gunner doing a LARP to keep the heat on?

User Info Menu

Andreychenko is vehemently pro-gun, according to his social media pages.
    Widely circulated screenshots of a Facebook post reportedly from Andreychenko railed against Walmart for raising the age limit for buying a gun from 18 to 21 in February. BuzzFeed News was not able to independently verify the post was written by the suspect, as his Facebook page was made private by Friday. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...shooting-scare

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Whosyer View Post
    Andreychenko is vehemently pro-gun, according to his social media pages.
    Widely circulated screenshots of a Facebook post reportedly from Andreychenko railed against Walmart for raising the age limit for buying a gun from 18 to 21 in February. BuzzFeed News was not able to independently verify the post was written by the suspect, as his Facebook page was made private by Friday. https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...shooting-scare
    I was getting ready to post about this. Said he was just wanting to show how stupid Walmart's policy was for requiring the 21 year old limit, when he could legally walk into the store "carrying a 40" (and presumably a rifle) and nobody would say anything. Obviously he was mistaken about nobody saying anything about the rifle.

User Info Menu

OC is one thing. Carrying a loaded rifle wearing body armor right after 3 high profile shootings within the last few weeks? C'mon. That's just bat**** crazy. Who knows what his motivation was. People who are legitimately OC'ing, don't go around doing it in an intimidating way. This guy was obviously making a spectacle of himself. The firefighter could easily have shot him, and after been deemed to have reasonably feared for his life or others.

Of course the anti-gun zealots don't understand the difference between open-carrying a firearm for personal protection and being an asshat.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I was getting ready to post about this. Said he was just wanting to show how stupid Walmart's policy was for requiring the 21 year old limit, when he could legally walk into the store "carrying a 40" (and presumably a rifle) and nobody would say anything. Obviously he was mistaken about nobody saying anything about the rifle.
    "Just to show I can" isn't a great reason to OC a loaded rifle in a Walmart. No one knew what his motives were. It shows enough disregard for rational behavior that it would be reasonable for people to think he was there to shoot people. If I see someone in a walmart OC'ing a Glock on his hip, going about his own business, shopping for stuff, behaving like any other normal person, body language, etcetera, I mean, I might think he's got really poor taste in firearms. But I'm not going to be all that suspicious to think I need to take action. But, especially given the events of the past few weeks, California, Texas, Ohio, some dude walks in with body armor, OC'ing a rifle, acting like he want's to be the center of attention, and yes. My spidy senses are gonna tingle.
    -spreading the word to end the r-word is retarded
    -activism is retarded because, what if you’re full of ****?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast