Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    What leads you to that conclusion?
    I haven't made that conclusion yet. I said I am closer to making it ... His own statement makes it seem like he was aware of the "gunman" either before the alarm was pulled or immediately afterwards but before exiting the store. He also observed the "gunman" outside the store holding his rifle. Nowhere does he say he heard gunfire or thought he heard gunfire. Nowhere does he say he observed the "gunman" threatening anyone or acting in a threatening manner.

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    So, Bean made contact before the alarm? (doesn't say)
    Correct, he doesn't say but as I stated above, it appears that he was aware of his presence in some way before he exited the store and certainly before drawing his weapon on the "gunman."
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
    I'm closer to thinking the retired firefighter was wrong after reading this.
    If he looked back to make sure the gunman wasn't behind him, I make the assumption that he saw in in the store, didn't consider him a threat and went about his business.. Once the fire alarm was pulled, and everyone, including the gunman evacuated, he then held him at gunpoint in the parking lot.

So, the store manager caused the panic by pulling the alarm, and the FF was just reading to the now current events of chaos of the alarm being pulled. Oh it's going to be an interesting case to watch.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
    I'm closer to thinking the retired firefighter was wrong after reading this.
    also - I would recommend not ever publishing a blog to get your side out there when you in the middle of pending litigation....

User Info Menu

Also...horry clap that guy's only 36? I'd have guessed a couple decades the other side of that.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

Springfield, Missouri Walmart Open Carrier Explains Why He Did It

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sp...paign=ttagfeed
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Z
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Sanders View Post

Damn...now there's a dilemma for you.

Let's say you encounter an asshat like this. He walks past you in the Walmart parking lot, in a tactical vest, AR15 slung. And that's ALL he's doing...walking. He has technically violated no law (at least around here). You don't verbally challenge him nor do you throw down on him.

He then walks in Walmart and offs 20 people.

I can only imagine how I would feel if I had the opportunity to stop something like this but didn't.

Where is the line? At what point is a moral, armed citizen justified in intervening in a situation like this? Can an idiot reach a point where his exercise of a constitutional right is so stupid and reckless that he no longer HAS that right?
    Yes......

when he breaks a LAW!
    Last edited by Dirtebiker; 09-09-2019 at 18:58.

Ark

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GodFearinGunTotin View Post
    Springfield, Missouri Walmart Open Carrier Explains Why He Did It

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/sp...paign=ttagfeed
    "I was just dumb and didn't think about it."

"So why'd you do it?"

"...I was just dumb."

Uh-huh. I wonder if a certain agency in Russia put him up to it as one of the general division-sowing activities they commission by the dozens all over the world. Mission accomplished, provoked Walmart into punishing gun owners and ratcheting up the culture wars another notch.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7