Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Man Walks into Walmart Wearing Armor and Carrying a Rifle

Below is the news article describing the incident, in the second post I will post my own thoughts to keep things uncluttered .

"The Springfield Police Department says it responded to a call of an active shooter at the Walmart Neighborhood Market at Republic Rd., near Golden Ave., Thursday evening.

The Springfield Police Department arrived on scene within three minutes of the call. Police stated that a young white male, appearing to be in his twenties, pulled up to the Walmart, where he donned body armor and military fatigues. Police say the man had tactical weapons.

Police then say the man walked into the Walmart: Neighborhood Market where he grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone.

The store manager at the Neighborhood Market pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape the store.

Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint. At that moment Springfield Police arrived on scene and detained the man.

The Springfield Police Department could not confirm the nature of statements said by the man to those inside of the Walmart, but they do confirm that the man had loaded weapons, and over one hundred rounds of ammunition.

Police also observed many shoppers hiding outside the Walmart and at nearby businesses.

Lieutenant Mike Lucas said it was clear the man's intent was to cause chaos, saying in part, "His intent was not to cause peace or comfort...He's lucky he's alive still, to be honest."

Police identified the man's vehicle and are investigating the possibility of more firearms inside the vehicle."

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Hea...528602951.html
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

Personally there are only two possible motives this guy could have possibly had.

1.) He was trying to perform a "2a Audit" I have seen several of these types on YouTube basically trying to get the cops called on them only to record the entire thing and "educate" the cops on open carry being 100% legal and so on.

2.) He was trying to cause mass panic

I think this would be a "2a Audit" type situation since it appears they guy was recording the entire thing on his phone.

That being said, I also believe the fire fighter was 100% in the right holding this guy at gunpoint till the cops arrived. Why would anyone in their right minds not even a week after the Walmart shooting in El Paso Texas think this idiotic idea would ever end well? The "Auditor" is honestly probably lucky the Fire Fighter didn't just shoot him.

For the record I generally have no problems with open carry (handguns and open carry rifle rallies) but this is just totally ridiculous (despite no crime being technically committed )
    Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Dude, from what I can tell from your photos, you don't do anything bargin bin.

User Info Menu

For a non-LEO the idea of holding someone at gun point seems like a silly idea. If they decide to run or walk away what will you do? You canít shoot them if they arenít a threat.

Now, I donít think the CCWer did anything wrong. Iíd have likely done the same. But to me holding someone at gun point is an empty threat for a civilian. (That being said it is likely to keep the perp from becoming violent.)

User Info Menu

Evil or trying to make a point, this kid was just plain stupid.

. Police Department arrived on scene within three minutes
    Firefighter = Good Guy with a Gun
    When seconds matter the 2nd Amendment matters.

User Info Menu

Either way, his timing really sucked. You don't have to be up on current events like GPIA to know this isn't the best time to "donn tactical gear" (military fatigues? seriously? Half of Missouri walkin around in camo) and walk into a Wal-Mart with a long gun streaming a video.

Better headline: GOOD GUY WITH A GUN IN A STATE WITH CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY TAKES ACTION IN THE 3 MINUTES BETWEEN POTENTIALLY DEADLY SITUATION AND POLICE ARRIVING.

Greene County keeps pushing the bar, in the wrong direction. Another take away is if you watch Live PD you know the Police there are BUSY. It might be a while before they get there and you might need to take some form of action prior to their arrival.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Crail View Post
    Personally there are only two possible motives this guy could have possibly had.
    1.) He was trying to perform a "2a Audit" I have seen several of these types on YouTube basically trying to get the cops called on them only to record the entire thing and "educate" the cops on open carry being 100% legal and so on.
    2.) He was trying to cause mass panic
    I think this would be a "2a Audit" type situation since it appears they guy was recording the entire thing on his phone.
    That being said, I also believe the fire fighter was 100% in the right holding this guy at gunpoint till the cops arrived. Why would anyone in their right minds not even a week after the Walmart shooting in El Paso Texas think this idiotic idea would ever end well? The "Auditor" is honestly probably lucky the Fire Fighter didn't just shoot him.
    For the record I generally have no problems with open carry (handguns and open carry rifle rallies) but this is just totally ridiculous (despite no crime being technically committed )
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly! What a stupid thing to do, especially with consideration for the events of this past week, not only for the 'trauma' it may have caused for a few of the shoppers, but also for the timing of it! When people are on 'alert' due to a recent and horrific event, in our country, doing even a '2A-Audit' puts him in the very stupid category!
    IMO, 'legal' doesn't always equate to 'right' in some circumstances...and IMO this fits into that category!
    I, 95% of the time, carry concealed, mainly just so I don't draw attention to myself...especially in situations where stupidity can get you killed!
    Simple common sense and a little intelligence...are both lost attributes in this country!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Stupid. Simply stupid.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Stupid. Simply stupid.
    +1 for me.

And for me, I don't see how this advances or improves our view as law abiding gun owners to the general public. Having a right doesn't mean that it is right to throw it in everyone's face.

That guy did more to advance the banning of firearms than he did anything else.

I will be surprised if Walmart doesn't have "No Firearms" signs in their windows by the end of the month.
    "If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough"--Mario Andretti

User Info Menu

Before making too many judgments here. I would be really interested in what was on his video recording.

Eitherway he's a dumbass I'm just curious as to how big of one.
    WTS/WTT 9mm and 308 win reload dies.

Expert

User Info Menu

One of the responsibilities that comes with firearm ownership is sound judgement.

We have to make split decisions on when is the right time to draw/shoot.

We have to make decisions on where to store them.

We have to make decisions on how to interact with others when carrying.

Having sound judgement isnít a prerequisite to the right but it goes a long way towards helping us preserve it.

This guy is 100% legal (based on the story) but 100% stupid and made poor judgement, Iím ok with him losing his rights at least temporarily.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast