• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    Saw an announcement on Facebook from the new Brown County Music center. It will be a gfz with metal detectors and bag searches at the door. Just a heads up for anyone planning to attend a concert when it opens.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Saw an announcement on Facebook from the new Brown County Music center. It will be a gfz with metal detectors and bag searches at the door. Just a heads up for anyone planning to attend a concert when it opens.

Thanks for the information.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Bringing this back up for clarification.

It seems that the county commissioners have approved the purchase of the metal detectors, so this is in essence a county government facility. Would that not fall into the state gun law that prevents them from restricting guns?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bringing this back up for clarification.

It seems that the county commissioners have approved the purchase of the metal detectors, so this is in essence a county government facility. Would that not fall into the state gun law that prevents them from restricting guns?

:popcorn:

I have George Thorogood tickets in the front row! I didn't expect to be carrying my EDC. I was wanting to walk the trail to the venue and not park in their lot to avoid exiting traffic problems.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :popcorn:

I have George Thorogood tickets in the front row! I didn't expect to be carrying my EDC. I was wanting to walk the trail to the venue and not park in their lot to avoid exiting traffic problems.
    I have a friend in town that said very early in the game that the designers had their heads up their buts on traffic flow in and out of that place. Guess he was right?

Years ago, I remember being trapped in entrance and exit traffic at the old opry out on 46 and that was away from town.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Headed out in a little bit to see the Beach Codgers (Boys) wish I'd researched this prior to purchasing the tix. I was really looking forward to seeing LeeAnn Rimes too.:naughty:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    You can legally carry in Lucas Oil as it is owned by the Capitol Improvement Board which is a political subdivision of the local government. The confusion comes
    from the when they lease out LOS to the Colts or some other 3rd party. They can make whatever rules for admission they chose.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You can legally carry in Lucas Oil as it is owned by the Capitol Improvement Board which is a political subdivision of the local government. The confusion comes
    from the when they lease out LOS to the Colts or some other 3rd party. They can make whatever rules for admission they chose.

There are always metal detectors at the entrances to Lucas Oil Stadium. Whether they are in O-F-F mode is easy to tell. If nothing or no one stops you from walking beside them, they are not on. The security will set up behind them when they are not in use.

Top Bottom