• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    For the longest time, I had youngens around and the only option was to "lock them or wear them". I no longer have that issue. I can safely leave my firearms strategically around the house. Everyone in the home is a responsible adult over 18 and well versed on their operation and usage.

I'd like my rifle to be more accessible. Right now, it's well secured and getting to it in a hurry would not be ideal. I can easily have it leaning in a corner, but now I'm concerned about someone breaking in and stealing it.

What options are there to strategically and safely position firearms around your house?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For the longest time, I had youngens around and the only option was to "lock them or wear them". I no longer have that issue. I can safely leave my firearms strategically around the house. Everyone in the home is a responsible adult over 18 and well versed on their operation and usage.

I'd like my rifle to be more accessible. Right now, it's well secured and getting to it in a hurry would not be ideal. I can easily have it leaning in a corner, but now I'm concerned about someone breaking in and stealing it.

What options are there to strategically and safely position firearms around your house?

Lock it up when you leave. It is what we do. Just what you have to do. Pistols as well. Takes a minute.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Where you live might make a difference, also what your personal schedule is. We live in a relatively safe place and both work out of the house, finding a good time to rob us would be problematic.

I taught my kids how to shoot, safety, where the guns and ammo were early. Self defense is a human right, do what you feel is prudent. If I lived where CM does I'd be locking them up too.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Where you live might make a difference, also what your personal schedule is. We live in a relatively safe place and both work out of the house, finding a good time to rob us would be problematic.

I taught my kids how to shoot, safety, where the guns and ammo were early. Self defense is a human right, do what you feel is prudent. If I lived where CM does I'd be locking them up too.

I'd say I'm in a really safe place (whatever that means) and yes home a good part of the day. So true, getting in here would be a challenge, but I'm not reaching out and sending invites to test me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is part of my routine if I and the spouse leave at the same time. There is usually someone or someones here. It would be hard to catch the place empty. Daughter lives next door. Common back yards fenced in. Kids are usually in the yard if not in school.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't mind having an AR pistol mounted to the side of the nightstand between it and the bed. Not really visible to anyone, but there if needed.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I wouldn't mind having an AR pistol mounted to the side of the nightstand between it and the bed. Not really visible to anyone, but there if needed.

that's kinda what Im thinking - but mounted to my desk on the main floor. kinda like what is in cruisers for theirs.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There are a lot of furniture storage options out there these days, but they aren't cheap.

concealment-coffee-table-cherry-open-437x400.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to stash guns around but when the neighbor had a house fire, I changed that habit. When the fire chief found out that she was a gun owner, he wanted to know where every gun was and where ammo was stored.

I now keep guns unloaded mostly and am getting better at keeping ammo in known locations. I don’t want to watch my house burn because I answered ‘everywhere’ to that question. It’s a whole lot easier to just carry when at home, which is my practice anyway. No real need to reach for a stashed gun if there’s one on my hip. I’m not anticipating or planning around a Mr & Mrs Smith type shootout.

I’m not saying that I’m against strategically placed guns but just remember that if there’s a fire, you’ll be asked to identify where everything is that could pose a hazard to a fireman.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I used to stash guns around but when the neighbor had a house fire, I changed that habit. When the fire chief found out that she was a gun owner, he wanted to know where every gun was and where ammo was stored.

I now keep guns unloaded mostly and am getting better at keeping ammo in known locations. I don’t want to watch my house burn because I answered ‘everywhere’ to that question. It’s a whole lot easier to just carry when at home, which is my practice anyway. No real need to reach for a stashed gun if there’s one on my hip. I’m not anticipating or planning around a Mr & Mrs Smith type shootout.

I’m not saying that I’m against strategically placed guns but just remember that if there’s a fire, you’ll be asked to identify where everything is that could pose a hazard to a fireman.

Fair enough, mostly I just want my AR more accessible..

Top Bottom