Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Accessibility of Firearms in your home.

For the longest time, I had youngens around and the only option was to "lock them or wear them". I no longer have that issue. I can safely leave my firearms strategically around the house. Everyone in the home is a responsible adult over 18 and well versed on their operation and usage.

I'd like my rifle to be more accessible. Right now, it's well secured and getting to it in a hurry would not be ideal. I can easily have it leaning in a corner, but now I'm concerned about someone breaking in and stealing it.

What options are there to strategically and safely position firearms around your house?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yup! View Post
    For the longest time, I had youngens around and the only option was to "lock them or wear them". I no longer have that issue. I can safely leave my firearms strategically around the house. Everyone in the home is a responsible adult over 18 and well versed on their operation and usage.

I'd like my rifle to be more accessible. Right now, it's well secured and getting to it in a hurry would not be ideal. I can easily have it leaning in a corner, but now I'm concerned about someone breaking in and stealing it.

What options are there to strategically and safely position firearms around your house?
    Lock it up when you leave. It is what we do. Just what you have to do. Pistols as well. Takes a minute.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Lock it up when you leave. It is what we do. Just what you have to do. Pistols as well. Takes a minute.
    Fair enough... was looking for something - simpler..... heheheh

User Info Menu

Where you live might make a difference, also what your personal schedule is. We live in a relatively safe place and both work out of the house, finding a good time to rob us would be problematic.

I taught my kids how to shoot, safety, where the guns and ammo were early. Self defense is a human right, do what you feel is prudent. If I lived where CM does I'd be locking them up too.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Where you live might make a difference, also what your personal schedule is. We live in a relatively safe place and both work out of the house, finding a good time to rob us would be problematic.

I taught my kids how to shoot, safety, where the guns and ammo were early. Self defense is a human right, do what you feel is prudent. If I lived where CM does I'd be locking them up too.
    I'd say I'm in a really safe place (whatever that means) and yes home a good part of the day. So true, getting in here would be a challenge, but I'm not reaching out and sending invites to test me.

User Info Menu

Tactical Walls. Big full size mirror.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post

It is part of my routine if I and the spouse leave at the same time. There is usually someone or someones here. It would be hard to catch the place empty. Daughter lives next door. Common back yards fenced in. Kids are usually in the yard if not in school.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I wouldn't mind having an AR pistol mounted to the side of the nightstand between it and the bed. Not really visible to anyone, but there if needed.
    You see me empty, sir, do not pause and inquire. Simply assume and refill.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    I wouldn't mind having an AR pistol mounted to the side of the nightstand between it and the bed. Not really visible to anyone, but there if needed.
    that's kinda what Im thinking - but mounted to my desk on the main floor. kinda like what is in cruisers for theirs.

User Info Menu

I buy those magnets and love them. I hang them high enough that if you can reach it you know how to use it.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast