• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Could have been a bullet proof vest? Could also have been a fishing vest or a tactical looking jacket.

A handgun properly holstered. :dunno: Could have been ME except I'm not in Ft Wayne. I do not normally open carry but have let my sidearm show before especially when using my OWB holster.

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    You should have read some of the FB posts!! All the misspelled words and misinformation. I understand flexing your rights, it does seem out of place for an individual to be wearing body armor and a holstered weapon at Walmart guess it’s the sign of the times!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I'll be surprised if its actual body armor. Usually its a load bearing vest. Apparently if its tactical, black, and covers the torso its assumed to be bulletproof. :rolleyes:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And I'll be surprised if its actual body armor. Usually its a load bearing vest. Apparently if its tactical, black, and covers the torso its assumed to be bulletproof. :rolleyes:

...cause it makes perfect sense to wear any "tactical" vest on a trip to Walmart.

And, OC/CC debate aside....maybe a few weeks of discretion when people are on edge...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Possibly his defense could be he was concerned for his mother's safety and was protecting her. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Considering the big picture before heading for wally world in any sort of tactical appearing vest and open carrying would be the prudent thing to do but in today's world prudent as well as common sense is out the window.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    They have not put much info out at all but if you want to wear a vest that’s your choice, I would just consider wearing a shirt or jacket over it to not instill panic. Just my $0.02 is all.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So.... someone went shopping and nothing happened? People freaked out. Not IRL (In Real Life), but on Social Media? And called the NEWS to figure it out, and not the Popo?

Friggin' WalMart.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Social media is the last place on the planet to find sensible info and isn't even worth reading in most cases. This is one of those cases. The news story seems to have it right for once.

"Walmart store management alerted team members who monitored the shopper throughout the store but the man never showed any alarming behavior.
    He shopped and left without incident."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Social media is the last place on the planet to find sensible info and isn't even worth reading in most cases. This is one of those cases. The news story seems to have it right for once.

"Walmart store management alerted team members who monitored the shopper throughout the store but the man never showed any alarming behavior.
    He shopped and left without incident."

Meanwhile several shoplifting groups walked off with $100s of dollars of merchandise.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I have been to a few places since all of the hullabaloo and had no problems.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Waiting for one of these threads to be about me on my way home from work. I work armed security and regularly have a stop at Walmart on my way home. Normally wearing all black and open carrying a beretta 96. I take off my uniform shirt so noone could possibly think I'm working there. Never had as much as a dirty look from anyone so far.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    My wife works at that Walmart and was one of the associates that spoke to the young man....she said he was wearing a hunting type vest and did have an open carry weapon holstered. He was with a female and they merely did their shopping. Wife said he was very polite and asked if she could help him find something, which she did. She said that he wasn't even aware that he was being observed, he was just shopping. When they got the things they were looking for, he went to check out and left the store.....another case of social media making a mountain out of a mole hill....

Top Bottom