Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
  1. #1
    Expert dansgotguns's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Gary Man Shot and Killed by Police...

    Saturday August 17th Rashad Cunningham, licensed to carry a handgun, was shot and killed by a Gary Police Officer, while sitting in the passenger seat with his handgun on his lap outside of his home. All that is known at this time 4 days later, is that officers were responding to a shots fired call in the area. Witnesses say officers rolled up demanded ID while approaching the vehicle, seen the handgun yelled gun and opened fire. To my knowledge this is all the available information at the time of this post. It appears Rashad is licensed, has no criminal history, and was not participating in illegal activity, according to witnesses. Nothing has been reported from GPD or the city of Gary, except to tell the public there is no body camera footage or dashcam footage.

    If this is in fact how it all went down, I say we hold a really in Gary.



    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...43e0101c0.html

  2. #2
    Grandmaster Coach's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I would like to say there is no way it happened like that. But the Glenn Rightsell case says it is possible.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

    www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

    abright@ccrtc.com


  3. #3
    Expert dansgotguns's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would like to say there is no way it happened like that. But the Glenn Rightsell case says it is possible.
    Unfortunately you never know anymore.

  4. #4
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dansgotguns View Post
    Saturday August 17th Rashad Cunningham, licensed to carry a handgun, was shot and killed by a Gary Police Officer, while sitting in the passenger seat with his handgun on his lap outside of his home. All that is known at this time 4 days later, is that officers were responding to a shots fired call in the area. Witnesses say officers rolled up demanded ID while approaching the vehicle, seen the handgun yelled gun and opened fire...
    You've done a good job of reporting exactly what the family and their attorney say.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

  5. #5
    Expert dansgotguns's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    You've done a good job of reporting exactly what the family and their attorney say.
    I literally said that they said that, and noone else has said anything. 👍 except that GPD has no video evidence.
    Last edited by dansgotguns; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:16.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster Route 45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    The person who was shot was drunk at the time, so that's not good. Might explain why he may have failed to follow officer's instructions or made movements towards the gun in his lap.

    https://abcnews.go.com/US/rashad-cun...ry?id=65054865
    My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

  7. #7
    Expert dansgotguns's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    The person who was shot was drunk at the time, so that's not good. Might explain why he may have failed to follow officer's instructions or made movements towards the gun in his lap.

    https://abcnews.go.com/US/rashad-cun...ry?id=65054865
    Completely possible

  8. #8
    Grandmaster Thor's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Paul Harvey?
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

  9. #9
    Grandmaster KellyinAvon's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    Paul Harvey?
    Roger that...
    INGOer #25,448

  10. #10
    Grandmaster HoughMade's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by dansgotguns View Post
    I literally said that they said that, and none else has said anything.  except that GPD has no video evidence.
    I get it. It takes time for information to come out. They may turn out to be 100% correct, but it's too early to know.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge