Indianapolis

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The nation's largest retailer, which previously stopped selling handguns, will now stop selling handgun ammunition as well. And it will no longer make available the types of bullets that while used in hunting rifles can also be fired by military-style weapons.

Additionally, in the more than two dozen states with open carry laws, Walmart is "respectfully requesting that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores and Sam's Clubs...unless they are authorized law enforcement officers,'' said Dan Bartlett, executive vice president of corporate affairs.

That action follows "multiple cases'' in which people entered their stores with visible weapons, upsetting customers and employees, Bartlett said.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I stopped buying anything at Dicks a few years ago. I am going to talk to the wife and see if we can function without wal mart in our routine.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Hey, I honestly have to give credit to Walmart here. They're putting it out there in the light of day that they don't want you to OPEN carry in their stores. Fine, I will conceal carry, as I always do anyway. If they don't want to carry products I want to buy, fine, I will buy them somewhere else.

What infuriates me completely is Costco, who bans firearms in their stores altogether, but does so really quietly so you'll still go there and buy your gun safe, prepping, and outdoors supplies from them.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hey, I honestly have to give credit to Walmart here. They're putting it out there in the light of day that they don't want you to OPEN carry in their stores. Fine, I will conceal carry, as I always do anyway. If they don't want to carry products I want to buy, fine, I will buy them somewhere else.

What infuriates me completely is Costco, who bans firearms in their stores altogether, but does so really quietly so you'll still go there and buy your gun safe, prepping, and outdoors supplies from them.

The Costco that we shop at does not have any signs on the doors(Which do not carry weight of law anyway) and i have on more than one occasion open carried there with no issues. Maybe its a store by store basis :dunno:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The Costco that we shop at does not have any signs on the doors(Which do not carry weight of law anyway) and i have on more than one occasion open carried there with no issues. Maybe its a store by store basis :dunno:

It's on their corporate website, and it effects all stores. Hence why I'm calling them cowardly scumbags and am not actually that cross with Walmart taking it to the street, like men.

I read-up on movie theater rules before I attend as well. If you're not going to put it on your door, and are going to be a cowardly $#%ers talking big on the internet, I'm not giving you my money. You let me know the policy up front, like an honest business, and I might make a different decision...

The ONE place I break this rule is about every 2 years for Outback Steakhouse (also a corporate ban, as not advertised at all of the stores)... I gotta have the onion... and concealed means concealed. They ask me to leave and I will... with my onion, please...

Anyhow... Costco especially chaps my rear because so many Pro-2A guys shop there and they cater to our general lifestyle... F that... Sam's for me.

BLindzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    Mishawaka
    Plenty of places have these "no firearms rules". I they happen to see my concealed carry and ask me to leave, fine, but I will not stop giving myself the option to defend myself and family for their "rules"!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It's on their corporate website, and it effects all stores. Hence why I'm calling them cowardly scumbags and am not actually that cross with Walmart taking it to the street, like men.

I read-up on movie theater rules before I attend as well. If you're not going to put it on your door, and are going to be a cowardly $#%ers talking big on the internet, I'm not giving you my money. You let me know the policy up front, like an honest business, and I might make a different decision...

The ONE place I break this rule is about every 2 years for Outback Steakhouse (also a corporate ban, as not advertised at all of the stores)... I gotta have the onion... and concealed means concealed. They ask me to leave and I will... with my onion, please...

Anyhow... Costco especially chaps my rear because so many Pro-2A guys shop there and they cater to our general lifestyle... F that... Sam's for me.

So Costco doesnt sell guns or ammo and posts on their website no firearms allowed ,which is well within their right, and it chaps your ass pro2a people shop there. But Walmart, which does sell weapons and ammo, and owns Sams club give in to the anti gun agenda repeatedly(quit selling ar15s, raised age to buy rifles, and now stop selling certain ammunition) and your ok with that? Makes zero sense to me, but to each there own

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    [/COLOR]

So Costco doesnt sell guns or ammo and posts on their website no firearms allowed ,which is well within their right, and it chaps your ass pro2a people shop there. But Walmart, which does sell weapons and ammo, and owns Sams club give in to the anti gun agenda repeatedly(quit selling ar15s, raised age to buy rifles, and now stop selling certain ammunition) and your ok with that? Makes zero sense to me, but to each there own

Because Walmart is telling you exactly what they're doing, and Costco isn't... Costco keeps it so quiet you don't even know they have that policy. It's the most cowardly way to conduct ones business that I can imagine.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Well, no Kroger, no Walmart, no Meijer, no Sam's Club, no Cosco, no Whole Foods, no Safeway. Just where are you planning to get your food from?

Maybe Levi has something in the barn.
    Jrnfqi0.jpg

I just noticed that's a staged picture. Amish don't have buttons. Or belts.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Because Walmart is telling you exactly what they're doing, and Costco isn't... Costco keeps it so quiet you don't even know they have that policy. It's the most cowardly way to conduct ones business that I can imagine.

I guess technically if you read the agreement you're signing to be a member, you would know, and if you're not a member you're not getting in. So i dont know i would call it cowardly.
    Cowardly to me is giving in to the leftists and media hysterics that mass murder is happening daily with "assault weapons" and stopping selling an inanimate object to appease the left.
    Also a bunch of virtue signaling by walmart by saying they're gonna quit selling this and that only after the supplies in store run dry. Gotta make that profit first then do away with ordering more.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I guess technically if you read the agreement you're signing to be a member, you would know, and if you're not a member you're not getting in. So i dont know i would call it cowardly.
    Cowardly to me is giving in to the leftists and media hysterics that mass murder is happening daily with "assault weapons" and stopping selling an inanimate object to appease the left.
    Also a bunch of virtue signaling by walmart by saying they're gonna quit selling this and that only after the supplies in store run dry. Gotta make that profit first then do away with ordering more.

I read all agreements I sign (as should everyone... realtors love this at the closing table :D ).

I read Costco's, specifically looking for language about firearms.

At the time I joined, there was none. At the store I frequent, there are no signs. I know they've updated the agreement, but I haven't agreed to it, explicitly or otherwise.

Concealed means concealed (ish).

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Plenty of places have these "no firearms rules". I they happen to see my concealed carry and ask me to leave, fine, but I will not stop giving myself the option to defend myself and family for their "rules"!

the real sad part is that these companies and anti' people dont realize that the gun is just a long range tool. With proper martial arts training, the firearms real purpose is Mercy....

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Well I for one am just outraged that a private business feels they can do this. Oh wait... no. No i'm not. I couldn't care less what a business' political views are. If they sell the products I need then I buy them.

Top Bottom