Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Grissom Air Show this weekend

Looks like security will be tight at this one, and the list of prohibited items is pretty long. In their policy I noticed it says confiscated items will not be returned.

https://grissomairshow.com/index.php/security-policies/
    Dave

User Info Menu

The prohibited list is quite long. Besides being misspelled, is anyone really carrying nunchucks for protection?

Grissom.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomo1 View Post
    The prohibited list is quite long. Besides being misspelled, is anyone really carrying nunchucks for protection?

Grissom.jpg

I do not carry nunchaku for protection.

(see what I did there?)

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I could bring my 2 GSDs snd they can really take a bite out of crime but I'll just watch from my buddy's house while we shoot soda cans.
    Naphtali Lodge 389 Kokomo, IN

Hard luck is my only luck...
    Not your average Korean Hillbilly
    Tactical Chia Pet
    2012 FXDF (Fatbob)

User Info Menu

Well.... It is still Federal Facility, is it not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

Growing up, my friends and I made and played with many nunchucks. (in CA - yes they were illegal)
    I still warn anyone that chooses them - Wear a helmet and a cup until you are a master.
    We all took turns on the floor in the fetal position.
    You will thank me later.

We made wood ones... metal ones.... PVC ones..... weighted and unweighted. Twine, cable, chain, bearings, non-bearings, etc... One friend made some out of 1 inch solid stainless rods. OMG! He kinda did it just to have them and boy did they look great. NOT being used, just hanging there, they looked great. He took them out once to break things... with a football helmet on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

K_W

User Info Menu

Seems like they are not allowing you to bring ANYTHING to eat or drink other than what you can carry... (No coolers (except medical), camelbacks, bags, ect)

Can anyone confirm if we can bring a grocery sack of water and snacks?

Marksman

User Info Menu

I believe it says you can bring an EMPTY water bottle and fill it at the provided fountains on the grounds. Not sure about snacks.
    Dave

K_W

User Info Menu

Good show, security was surprisingly light. Many people with "prohibited items" like umbrellas, large purses, military camo clothes (civilians), and a Papillon.

We brought two 1-liter water bottles in a CVS bag and the guard didn't care. Bring sunblock... my wife forgot to reapply, now she looks like a boiled lobster.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K_W View Post
    Good show, security was surprisingly light. Many people with "prohibited items" like umbrellas, large purses, military camo clothes (civilians), and a Papillon.

We brought two 1-liter water bottles in a CVS bag and the guard didn't care. Bring sunblock... my wife forgot to reapply, now she looks like a boiled lobster.
    No metal detectors?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast