• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeff242

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Wegmans, Walgreens, and CVS all banned open carry in their stores on Thursday, following the same gun policy change from Walmart and Kroger the day before.

Unlike the other retailers that only called for a ban on open carry, CVS advised all customers except for authorized law enforcement officers to totally refrain from carrying at all in their stores.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51447/walgreens-wegmans-tell-customers-not-open-carry-amanda-prestigiacomo

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Wegmans, Walgreens, and CVS all banned open carry in their stores on Thursday, following the same gun policy change from Walmart and Kroger the day before.

Unlike the other retailers that only called for a ban on open carry, CVS advised all customers except for authorized law enforcement officers to totally refrain from carrying at all in their stores.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51447/walgreens-wegmans-tell-customers-not-open-carry-amanda-prestigiacomo

if a police officer is off duty is he no longer authorized? Will they ask to see a badge? This is all going to go so terribly for them all.

I also doubt that in the more he more rural areas they will complain. I mean what if I go in OC they ask me to leave and I just untuck shirt and cover it. What can they do? Invade my person and “prove” I’m armed? What if I walk in with knife on my belt? Eh Ef em .

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    if a police officer is off duty is he no longer authorized? Will they ask to see a badge? This is all going to go so terribly for them all.

I also doubt that in the more he more rural areas they will complain. I mean what if I go in OC they ask me to leave and I just untuck shirt and cover it. What can they do? Invade my person and “prove” I’m armed? What if I walk in with knife on my belt? Eh Ef em .

IANAL but I’m pretty sure if they ask you to leave and you don’t it would be trespassing and you could be arrested. Best to just conceal in no gun zones.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Looks like I will have to start watching for the no guns sign at cvs. Here in Illinois these signs do carry the weight of law. The good thing is we are in the process of moving to Indiana, should be there in January. Jim.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Looks like I will have to start watching for the no guns sign at cvs. Here in Illinois these signs do carry the weight of law. The good thing is we are in the process of moving to Indiana, should be there in January. Jim.

Point the Soft Tail east and don't stop til you're here!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Because individuals with holstered handguns carried openly is the problem... 1904 called, Butch and Sundance just robbed the Union Pacific Flyer!!

What kind of root-cause analysis was used in this determination?

:soapbox: HEY CVS, IF OC IS THE PROBLEM, WHY DIDN'T YOU IMPLEMENT THIS POLICY AT THE HEIGHT OF THE OPIOID EPIDEMIC WHEN YOUR STORES BEING ROBBED AT A RATE THAT MADE INDIANA #1 IN THE COUNTRY IN PHARMACY ROBBERIES???!!! :ranton:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I get the lion's share of my meds at the V.A. It's always been a no gun policy as far back as I can remember.

I get ONE prescription for my skin at CVS and they just lost my business. I'll find a pharmacy that is 2nd Amendment friendly to spend my money with.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Waiting for one of these stores to detain and search an individual on suspicion that he/she is carrying concealed (despite their stated policy).

Also waiting 'til store managers start asking off-duty officers carrying openly to disarm or leave.

We all know both of the above will happen shortly.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Waiting for one of these stores to detain and search an individual on suspicion that he/she is carrying concealed (despite their stated policy).

Also waiting 'til store managers start asking off-duty officers carrying openly to disarm or leave.

It's already happening but it gets minimal publicity. Those that control the news control the content and how they dish it out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I can not see any scenario where a store employee is going to or will be able to detain or attempt to search me. That would get very serious very fast. For all involved.
    This might be the direction we are heading but this is a very dangerous direction.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    CVS would be a place you would want to be armed, given their history of being a victim to robberies. Family dollar another place. Any cell phone or check cashing store. And now CVS is a better target.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I have fallen out of the habbit of regularly carrying.
    Over the last few months I have made it an effort to shoot more and carry more. Now with all these store policies, I feel I need to carry even more.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I really dislike CVS; I have two (now-departed) family members who worked there through their careers, starting at Hook's Drugs, then Hooks-SuperX, then Revco, then finally bought out by CVS. CVS is a huge marketing machine with essentially Dollar General stores that happen to occasionally fill prescriptions, if and when the pharmacy part of the store is open. Compared to Hook's, it became an awful place for them to work. I despise going in there.

As noted above, they'll never know I'm armed.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My insurance plan has all Rx through CVS as well. Bummer.

Funny, though, that we only get Rx thru CVS. All other "medical" supplies are ordered on-line. Cheaper and better. We can also get non-Rx items (Flonase, for example) at CostCo cheaper.

The "store" part of CVS has always been, well, crap.

Top Bottom