• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    CFO and I were in Ft. Wayne last week and thought we would check Sportsman's Warehouse.
    Got to the door a there was a big sign that stated "loaded firearms not allowed". Also something about
    checking firearms at something or to somebody, did not really pay attention after the "loaded firearms allowed" part.
    Went back to truck and left the area. Did I see what I thought the sign said or did I miss read it?
    Did not think to take picture of sign. Can anybody in the area check and verify what I saw. Thanks. If I made
    a mistake sorry, but it would not be the first.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I haven't shopped there. This is what I found out on another forum. If you CC, disregard the sign. It's for guns you're going to buy a holster for, etc. Unload and clear them at the front of the store. And they'll tag the gun and give you a receipt.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I haven't shopped there. This is what I found out on another forum. If you CC, disregard the sign. It's for guns you're going to buy a holster for, etc. Unload and clear them at the front of the store. And they'll tag the gun and give you a receipt.

I saw a similar sign at the former Gander. I always read the sign to mean a firearm you were bring in to sell used, try a holster, etc. I do not believe it was meant to be a Gun Free Zone, rather a safety issue for guns that would be "handled".

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I saw a similar sign at the former Gander. I always read the sign to mean a firearm you were bring in to sell used, try a holster, etc. I do not believe it was meant to be a Gun Free Zone, rather a safety issue for guns that would be "handled".

Seen the same thing at a LGS, for the same reason when I asked. The general answer was if it was in a holster on your hip, it needed to stay there or you needed to be very clear about your actions and safely empty the firearm if removed from the holster. CC was fine.

I'm pretty sympathetic to that. How is a guy supposed to know if you're drawing to shoot him, or about to sweep everyone else in the store, or drawing because you have a question about your sights/grip/trigger/whatever?

My personal solution was to put my mag in my back pocket and clear the chamber before entering the store. Not a huge deal. Plus, all of the employees are usually carrying at the places I go, so it's the safest place in town anyhow.

Top Bottom