Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Did you recently open carry in a store? Post your experience here.

I know that there is an ongoing thread titled "Where did you open carry?" However, with the recent rush of store chains "asking" their customers to not open carry, I thought it might be a good idea to start another thread in which people can discuss where they open carried and how it went.

To recap, Walmart, Kroger, Walgreens, CVS, Meijer, and Aldi have all asked their patrons to refrain from the open carrying of firearms. In Indiana open carry is an accepted practice if you have obtained your LTCH. I am not talking about throwing a rifle over your shoulder and strolling into these stores. I am talking about your EDC. I am now starting to read news reports that gun owners who prefer to open carry are planning to carry as normal and leave it up to store managers. I am also starting to read that store managers may not even enforce the new policy unless they feel threatened, i.e. tactical vest and shouldered rifle.

In some ways I feel like we have traveled back in time 10 years. Open carry was legal but we were uncertain of how retail stores and the general public might react to us doing it. Here in Indiana going forward, I can see gun owners continuing to open carry as normal and store managers choosing to not enforce the new policy especially if you live out in Winchester vs. Fishers. I can also see Moms Demand Action encouraging their members to make complaints to either store managers or the police should they see someone practicing open carry. MDA's goal is to restrict ALL forms of carry so they will have their members hold these stores accountable.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...uns-into-store

https://time.com/5670809/walmart-kro...carry-gun-ban/

So, who has open carried since the policies went into effect and how did it go?
    Last edited by Bobby; 1 Week Ago at 11:38.

User Info Menu

Kroger. Brownsburg. Eneventful.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Aldi changed their policy as well.

At ALDI, the safety of our employees, customers and the community is our highest priority. Alongside many other businesses, we are asking that our customers refrain from openly displaying firearms in any of our stores, except for authorized law enforcement personnel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    Aldi changed their policy as well.
    I updated my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

User Info Menu

I carried openly in a Rickers in Indy and then City Barbecue in Whitestown a little over a week ago and no one noticed, but that was before all of the current nonsense was underway.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    Kroger. Brownsburg. Eneventful.
    There policy probably means they can now kick you out if you OC, not that they will do that to every customer.

In small towns I bet most store managers won't enforce their new policy unless you're being a dick and/or walk in with a long gun.

User Info Menu

Donít we already have a thread for this.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...-part-2-a.html
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lonehoosier View Post
    Donít we already have a thread for this.

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/c...-part-2-a.html
    Yes we do. I don't know why we seem to have so many overlapping threads lately. There are plenty of relevant threads for current topics.
    Well the sheriff couldn't catch me now, but his little girl? Sure wish she would.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Yes we do. I don't know why we seem to have so many overlapping threads lately. There are plenty of relevant threads for current topics.
    Maybe this is a thread for pics? 'Cause we need another one of those, too...
    Ryan "ElDirector"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    That it is.
    Jay/lonehoosier INGOer #14,649

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    IF they concealed their contempt as well as they concealed their handgun, it would be a much more meaningful conversation.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast