Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    14-Year-Old Student Arrested for Intimidation

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 09/13/2019 10:25 AM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    PUTNAMVILLE DISTRICT
    1927 US 40 West
    Greencastle, IN 46135

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Matt Ames
    Public Information Officer
    812-240-0030

DATE: 9-13-19

Sullivan County - Late last night, Indiana State Police arrested a 14-year-old Sullivan Middle School student after allegedly threatening students, at school, during a football game Thursday evening.

At approximately 7:21 p.m., on Thursday, September 12, Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department 911 dispatch center received a call in reference to a subject reportedly coming to a middle school football game with a firearm. Southwest School Corporation administrators immediately took precautionary measures, moving all individuals to an alternate location, and waited for police arrival at the school. Police promptly located the subject who was reported to have a firearm. The subject was questioned and was very cooperative with police. During the course of the investigation, it was discovered that the subject did not have a firearm on school grounds.

Trooper Brad Miller of the Putnamville State Police Post then started questioning school staff and students involved in the original threat. Through his investigation it was discovered that a 14-year-old student made an allegation to other students that the father was coming to the school grounds with a gun. Trooper Miller then located the student making this allegation and immediately began questioning this individual.

As a result of the investigation, Trooper Miller arrested the 14-year-old student, who made the allegation, late last night and the student was transported to the Southwest Indiana Regional Youth Village, located in Vincennes. The student is charged with Disorderly Conduct, a Class B Misdemeanor, and Intimidation, a Level Six Felony.

Assisting Agencies: Sullivan City Police Department, Shelburn Police Department and Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    With all the red flag law discussion, should we be discussing youth records being sealed? Changing that?

This brings to mind the Noblesville school shooting that put Indiana on the map for active shooters in schools.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Nice to see the police making a full investigation, and the result being the person making a false claim getting arrested.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A kid saying something stupid brings to mind one that shot people?

Rumor had it that the 13 year old school shooter was a known problem to the community. That can never be confirmed, due to the youth's records being sealed.

As I understand it, no one can be held accountable, including the youth, for the known threat to be addressed? At the time of the shooting or later, when the youth passes 18 years old?

:dunno:

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Kids get arrested for intimidation on a regular basis. The only reason that this is news is because it happened on school property.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    He said the father of another student is coming to school with a gun.

Well, my dog is going to show up and bite the whole football team.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Everyone is just going to ignore this? We're all pretending this wasn't said?

:stickpoke:

No, we understand THAT OP is handling it and not letting the kid go unchecked. So no problem.

But if you feel that bad about it, report the comment and let the mods handle it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    No, we understand THAT OP is handling it and not letting the kid go unchecked. So no problem.

But if you feel that bad about it, report the comment and let the mods handle it.

Oh, no. I don't feel bad about it. The OP of that thread is doing a great job, it seems.

Here, however, Houge is doing his best to cause controversy. I normally understand his reasons for doing so, but this time I don't see how any lawyer gets paid.

Mostly I just wanted to acknowledge that I saw what he was doing.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm particularly glad the youth was sent to the "Southwest Indiana Regional Youth Village". Wonder if there was a lawsuit resulting in a juvenile detention center being relabeled "youth village".

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I hate to admit it, but Hough and I agree More often than not.

If you let your kids grow up the war they want to...

Top Bottom