Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

14-Year-Old Student Arrested for Intimidation

Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 09/13/2019 10:25 AM EDT
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    PUTNAMVILLE DISTRICT
    1927 US 40 West
    Greencastle, IN 46135

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Matt Ames
    Public Information Officer
    812-240-0030

DATE: 9-13-19

Sullivan County - Late last night, Indiana State Police arrested a 14-year-old Sullivan Middle School student after allegedly threatening students, at school, during a football game Thursday evening.

At approximately 7:21 p.m., on Thursday, September 12, Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department 911 dispatch center received a call in reference to a subject reportedly coming to a middle school football game with a firearm. Southwest School Corporation administrators immediately took precautionary measures, moving all individuals to an alternate location, and waited for police arrival at the school. Police promptly located the subject who was reported to have a firearm. The subject was questioned and was very cooperative with police. During the course of the investigation, it was discovered that the subject did not have a firearm on school grounds.

Trooper Brad Miller of the Putnamville State Police Post then started questioning school staff and students involved in the original threat. Through his investigation it was discovered that a 14-year-old student made an allegation to other students that the father was coming to the school grounds with a gun. Trooper Miller then located the student making this allegation and immediately began questioning this individual.

As a result of the investigation, Trooper Miller arrested the 14-year-old student, who made the allegation, late last night and the student was transported to the Southwest Indiana Regional Youth Village, located in Vincennes. The student is charged with Disorderly Conduct, a Class B Misdemeanor, and Intimidation, a Level Six Felony.

Assisting Agencies: Sullivan City Police Department, Shelburn Police Department and Sullivan County Sheriff’s Department.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and I’m on to the next one...

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

With all the red flag law discussion, should we be discussing youth records being sealed? Changing that?

This brings to mind the Noblesville school shooting that put Indiana on the map for active shooters in schools.

KLB

User Info Menu

A kid saying something stupid brings to mind one that shot people?
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Nice to see the police making a full investigation, and the result being the person making a false claim getting arrested.

User Info Menu

This is what happens when you let your kids finger-gun shoot at you when they don't get their way.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KLB View Post
    A kid saying something stupid brings to mind one that shot people?
    Rumor had it that the 13 year old school shooter was a known problem to the community. That can never be confirmed, due to the youth's records being sealed.

As I understand it, no one can be held accountable, including the youth, for the known threat to be addressed? At the time of the shooting or later, when the youth passes 18 years old?

Last edited by bwframe; 1 Week Ago at 12:16.

KLB

User Info Menu

But there was no threat. It was a false accusation.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Kids get arrested for intimidation on a regular basis. The only reason that this is news is because it happened on school property.
    Instagram: @nakinate

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Strangely, I don't see that here.

User Info Menu

He said the father of another student is coming to school with a gun.

Well, my dog is going to show up and bite the whole football team.
    I'm gonna, riiiide 'till I can't no more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast