Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Open carry on my own property

I had a question about open carry on my own property, in the state of Indiana am I permitted to openly carry my sidearm on my own property including my garage sidewalk and yard? Will I need a license to carry a firearm? Am I only allowed to carry inside my abode or garage? I’m trying to be as specific as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Carry as you like on your own property. Friends and guests that you give permission to may also carry as they wish in your property. No LTCH needed

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d.kaufman View Post
    Carry as you like on your own property. Friends and guests that you give permission to may also carry as they wish in your property. No LTCH needed
    Thank you for the info, The only reason I posted it was I had an incident where somebody’s dog had ran up on me as I was in my garage working Unfortunately the dog was quite vicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

With in your cartilage no license is necessary concealed or openly carrying is totally legal.

cur·ti·lage

• an area of land attached to a house and forming one enclosure with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2A_Tom View Post
    With in your cartilage no license is necessary concealed or openly carrying is totally legal.

cur·ti·lage

• an area of land attached to a house and forming one enclosure with it.

You are not limited to curtilage.
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

KLB

User Info Menu

Except as provided in subsection (c), a person may carry a handgun without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun if:

(1) the person carries the handgun on or about the person's body in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person;
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

What in that limits you to curtilage? If you're thinking curtilage = property, it doesn't. Curtilage is more restrictive. See "open fields doctrine".
    L'otters are not afraid.

User Info Menu

I posted the IC because it is more complete than my prior post., not to back up my incomplete info, sorry.

That is what I should have done in the first place,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jlane View Post
    ... somebody’s dog had ran up on me as I was in my garage working Unfortunately the dog was quite vicious...
    As far as the dog goes, pepper spray might be a viable alternative with fewer headaches.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast