• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litebow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Near Avon
    I wonder how many folks want a permit to carry, but live in places where getting one is overly burdensome or next to impossible. It's good to live in Indiana, relatively speaking.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That means 1.4 million more folks have joined the ranks of the most law-abiding segment of the American public. Of course, we don't know how many people own guns in America, but we do know how many people have licenses/permits. According to this article, it's 19 million. I saw a statistic (the source I cannot remember) that said 99.7% of licensees are law abiding. I only wish 99.7% of police were that law-abiding.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Good but not enough. Quantity doesn't translate to quality as we don't know how good these carriers are with their firearms for defensive purposes.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Good but not enough. Quantity doesn't translate to quality as we don't know how good these carriers are with their firearms for defensive purposes.

Interesting that the lead photo on the article shows the woman sweeping herself? Yes we do have an idea of the talent level of most of these CC peeps. All one has to do is observe. From their choice in what and how they carry tells a lot. Understanding people tells the rest. Unfortunately, owning a guitar does not make you a musician. If you take all the shooting sports combined, what percentage of GO will there be? How many of the sea of faces at the Gun Shows do you actually see using the range? Actually, there may be a higher talent level in Golf, meaning that a higher percentage of everyone owning golf clubs can actually use them better than GO can use the gun. We must work hard to keep up the good training. Expose the awareness of talent. Encourage the GO to educate and practice his education. Test himself and his equipment. One can buy the latest gizmos, read Tactical Times and talk about scenarios all they want, they can even have a false sense of security, but if they are not working on mastering the machine they will fall into the category you are talking about.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Interesting that the lead photo on the article shows the woman sweeping herself? Yes we do have an idea of the talent level of most of these CC peeps. All one has to do is observe. From their choice in what and how they carry tells a lot. Understanding people tells the rest. Unfortunately, owning a guitar does not make you a musician. If you take all the shooting sports combined, what percentage of GO will there be? How many of the sea of faces at the Gun Shows do you actually see using the range? Actually, there may be a higher talent level in Golf, meaning that a higher percentage of everyone owning golf clubs can actually use them better than GO can use the gun. We must work hard to keep up the good training. Expose the awareness of talent. Encourage the GO to educate and practice his education. Test himself and his equipment. One can buy the latest gizmos, read Tactical Times and talk about scenarios all they want, they can even have a false sense of security, but if they are not working on mastering the machine they will fall into the category you are talking about.

IKR? No trigger guard in a purse... what could go wrong?

Tax rebates for training courses... someone mentioned that here sometime...

Scouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2014
    Orlando
    This is just a numbers statement. How many permits/licenses are issued. A good number.

I bought a Sneaky Pete pistol pouch for my wife, it clips on her jeans. Looks like a cell phone container.
    Concealed in plain sight! Takes her Glock .380. Of course I carry, so she does not feel like she needs to.

But if she so desires in the future, open safe, load and carry.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It would be a blessing if they also received training from a qualified individual along with the LTCH. We have a lot of folks carrying guns that are more of a liability than an asset to our cause but I have no idea how to change that situation.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I wish they had used a better picture for the article. :rolleyes:

woman-concealed-carry-gun-purse-getty-640x480.jpg

I would have hoped for better from AWR Hawkins, one of our popular media 2A proponents.

Kinda like Dana, AWR is a great person to promote the 2A, but they both can quickly get ahead of their skis when it comes to actual firearms knowledge and use.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    It would be a blessing if they also received training from a qualified individual along with the LTCH. We have a lot of folks carrying guns that are more of a liability than an asset to our cause but I have no idea how to change that situation.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Lots of gunowners. Check

lots of trainers available. Check

Lots of
    gunowners stepping up to the responsibility of the proper feeding and care and use of guns. Not so much.

You know what they say about some people shouldn’t have kids? Shouldn’t be driving? shouldn’t be...

Top Bottom