Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Why would anyone not lock their car in the first place ? There is a woman I work with who even leaves the keys in the ignition. Why ?
    Ignorance is not bliss as illustrated by this story.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    This. Reports every damn night down here on the south side of people on camera checking for unlocked cars to ransack. And a handful of "they busted muh window and stoled the expensive item I left on my seat in plain sight." The best are the "they stole my purse/wallet." Really?
    Its called idiot bait. Leave the in plain sight and some idiot will steal it. WTF up people.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by edporch View Post

Hope I didn't open a can of worms.
    Nah not really but I will be

This is another topic that draws emotions to the top.

Lock the ****ing gun up if you are required to leave it in the car at work. Just do it. Another step in owning a gun in a society that lets a$$hats run amok.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    Why would anyone not lock their car in the first place ? There is a woman I work with who even leaves the keys in the ignition. Why ?
    Ignorance is not bliss as illustrated by this story.
    Well, if it's a manual transmission these kids can't steal it...haha
    On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Reminds me of the story on how to dispose of a dead pet. Put the animal in a box, gift wrap the box, drive to the mall and leave the gift wrapped package on the front seat, leave the car unlocked and go to the food court for a sandwich. When you return, the package will be gone.

User Info Menu

Since I opened this can of worms, this is my opinion.

I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home.
    If not, it's locked in a safe.

I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house.
    And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home.
    If not, it's locked in a safe.

I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house.
    And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.
    Being human we all forget things. It is just how that works. I have left my money/credentials clip/cell phone/glasses case etc in my truck only to realize the error when I need the items mentioned. Never left a gun. Spare magazines yes but the gun proper no.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home. If not, it's locked in a safe.
    I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house. And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.
    I concur that a garage remote left in a vehicle is a quick way to get into a home if one is not paying attention...and would probably result in you finding the individual in your kitchen or some other room in your house, unexpectedly, when most people think a home-invasion comes in through a front or back door and that they'll actually hear it when it occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Being human we all forget things. It is just how that works. I have left my money/credentials clip/cell phone/glasses case etc in my truck only to realize the error when I need the items mentioned. Never left a gun. Spare magazines yes but the gun proper no.
    Amen...I have never left a weapon in a vehicle overnight...it's as if I just knew better than to do so in the first place!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Of course, I've done it too.

Just last week I got back from somewhere, came in the house, sat down and after 10 minutes or so realized I'd left my pistol in the locked car.
    Then went back out and got it.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

wcd
    Expert

User Info Menu

Nah not really but I will be

This is another topic that draws emotions to the top.

Lock the ****ing gun up if you are required to leave it in the car at work. Just do it. Another step in owning a gun in a society that lets a$$hats run amok.

Well let me stir the pot, I do recall posting in the glove box gun thread, that a Nerf gun would be the perfect glove box gun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast