www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What's the old saying? Oh, yeah. Its "Don't get out of the boat."

ESPECIALLY if you are an idiot who leaves his gun outdoors in a glass box that is prone to break ins. That increases the odds that the possibly armed burglar is now LIKELY armed.

All the more reason to call 911, warn them the intruder is likely armed, and let the cops deal with him.

(or carefully and quietly open the bedroom window, drop him from the window with your suppressed rifle, and SSS just for safety's sake.:):)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    giphy.gif

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    A friend of mine who was once a huey pilot in Vietnam once made a statement that has always stuck with me...
    If your weapon isn't on your person, and you have to leave your a/c in a hurry, your weapon will, most-likely, still be in the a/c AFTER you leave it.
    Bottom line, keep it on your person, not just in your vehicle!
    To this day...I keep my weapon on my person, not just in my vehicle!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Earlier this year there was a car break-in, maybe more than one, in Lafayette.
    A handgun was taken from a vehicle.
    Minutes later that stolen gun was used to shoot a friend of mine, in his own home.
    He was shot multiple times, and then the house was set alight.

My friend of more than 30 years lay dead on his living room floor as his house burned around him.

Please do not leave firearms unattended.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    People who break into cars are lazy. Unlocked car and things in plain sight are easy for the lazy car burglar. If you have to leave it in your car (entering GFZ), put an extra lock between the gun and the burglar. For us Glock/Honda Civic owners the inside trunk release has a locking feature. Ain't getting in the trunk without the key/fob or a lot of tools.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    People who break into cars are lazy. Unlocked car and things in plain sight are easy for the lazy car burglar. If you have to leave it in your car (entering GFZ), put an extra lock between the gun and the burglar. For us Glock/Honda Civic owners the inside trunk release has a locking feature. Ain't getting in the trunk without the key/fob or a lot of tools.

This. Reports every damn night down here on the south side of people on camera checking for unlocked cars to ransack. And a handful of "they busted muh window and stoled the expensive item I left on my seat in plain sight." The best are the "they stole my purse/wallet." Really?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Why would anyone not lock their car in the first place ? There is a woman I work with who even leaves the keys in the ignition. Why ?
    Ignorance is not bliss as illustrated by this story.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This. Reports every damn night down here on the south side of people on camera checking for unlocked cars to ransack. And a handful of "they busted muh window and stoled the expensive item I left on my seat in plain sight." The best are the "they stole my purse/wallet." Really?

Its called idiot bait. Leave the :poop: in plain sight and some idiot will steal it. WTF up people.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :):
    Hope I didn't open a can of worms.

Nah not really but I will be :popcorn:

This is another topic that draws emotions to the top.

Lock the ****ing gun up if you are required to leave it in the car at work. Just do it. Another step in owning a gun in a society that lets a$$hats run amok.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Reminds me of the story on how to dispose of a dead pet. Put the animal in a box, gift wrap the box, drive to the mall and leave the gift wrapped package on the front seat, leave the car unlocked and go to the food court for a sandwich. When you return, the package will be gone.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Since I opened this can of worms, this is my opinion.

I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home.
    If not, it's locked in a safe.

I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house.
    And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home.
    If not, it's locked in a safe.

I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house.
    And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.

Being human we all forget things. It is just how that works. I have left my money/credentials clip/cell phone/glasses case etc in my truck only to realize the error when I need the items mentioned. Never left a gun. Spare magazines yes but the gun proper no.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I most always have a handgun on me or within reach wherever I am, including my home. If not, it's locked in a safe.
    I don't even leave my garage remote in my vehicle when it's parked outside my house. And it would be a rare unanticipated situation when I would ever leave a firearm outside in my car.

I concur that a garage remote left in a vehicle is a quick way to get into a home if one is not paying attention...and would probably result in you finding the individual in your kitchen or some other room in your house, unexpectedly, when most people think a home-invasion comes in through a front or back door and that they'll actually hear it when it occurs.

Being human we all forget things. It is just how that works. I have left my money/credentials clip/cell phone/glasses case etc in my truck only to realize the error when I need the items mentioned. Never left a gun. Spare magazines yes but the gun proper no.

Amen...I have never left a weapon in a vehicle overnight...it's as if I just knew better than to do so in the first place!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Of course, I've done it too.

Just last week I got back from somewhere, came in the house, sat down and after 10 minutes or so realized I'd left my pistol in the locked car.
    Then went back out and got it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Nah not really but I will be :popcorn:

This is another topic that draws emotions to the top.

Lock the ****ing gun up if you are required to leave it in the car at work. Just do it. Another step in owning a gun in a society that lets a$$hats run amok.

Well let me stir the pot, I do recall posting in the glove box gun thread, that a Nerf gun would be the perfect glove box gun.

Top Bottom