Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    Just being curious...but does anyone still CC a 5-shot .38 snubbie revolver anymore?

If so, what is your preferred ammo for personal defense?

Just being curious...
    Sometimes 357 Ruger Frame, 38+P loads.
    Freedom is defined by the character of those who defend it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Sure, just some more than others. The P250 .380 was supposed to be very resistant to limp-wristing malfunctions but I had heard pretty mixed reviews on the Shield EZ from folks who'd put them in truly disabled hands. I don't know what kind of ammo they were using, though. When dad could still kind of rack a slide I loaded his gun with S&B, which unless things have changed was usually a bit hotter then US made bulk .380.
    The only problem I have had with S&B ammo are hard primers. MagTech seems to be pretty warm as well and what is in my LCP right now. I would love to see some sort of reliable list of .380 ball ammunition as to what is “hot” and what is not. I know that Winchester white box and brown box has been less then reliably satisfactory in .380.

The Sig and Walther PK380 have both been offerings in the larger poly .380 easy to shoot grandma gun market. But Smith finally took off. The only problem I see with a compromised grip would be the grip safety. A person has to get enough on the gun to deactivate the grip safety. This is a blessing and a curse.

Otherwise it is hard to beat a slicked up 3”-4” steel framed revolver
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Plinker

User Info Menu

I carry my Gunsmoke S&W every once in a while in the summer with Hornaday Critical Duty.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    The only problem I have had with S&B ammo are hard primers. MagTech seems to be pretty warm as well and what is in my LCP right now. I would love to see some sort of reliable list of .380 ball ammunition as to what is “hot” and what is not. I know that Winchester white box and brown box has been less then reliably satisfactory in .380.
    I've found Sig Sauer Elite Performance, 100gr, works just fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tomc1947 View Post
    I've found Sig Sauer Elite Performance, 100gr, works just fine.
    I will look for some to try!
    "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid." - Han Solo

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I wish I would have kept my Taurus 85CH. It was a good little revolver. But fortunately, I can pick up a 642 when I'm ready.

I have no issues with relying on a 5-shot snub nose.
    I still have my 85CH, I bought new 25 years ago. But prefer to carry my Smith airweight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ndawoods25 View Post
    I still have my 85CH, I bought new 25 years ago. But prefer to carry my Smith airweight

Is it due to the weight difference?
    Outlier

User Info Menu

Model 60 in the pocket with HST and a speed strip in the watch pocket.

User Info Menu

I find it interesting that in this age of 'High Capacity Commandos' that there are so many snub-nosed revolver carriers...and I'm amongst them!

Just because new items have come along, doesn't mean that the older, and sometimes more reliable, methods don't still work!
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Chief Special in my leather coat inner pocket when on my motorcycle. I love that revolver. Anyone else partial to the Model 36?

If you have the freedom to read this, thank a veteran.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast