Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    We're working on group training at our church...so at least to have an idea what each person should be doing in the event that something does occur.
    We're just getting our group together at church. There are about 8 of us.
    We are scheduling a conference with a state police officer that also does defensive shooting training in South Bend, I can't think of the name right off hand.
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    We're working on group training at our church...so at least to have an idea what each person should be doing in the event that something does occur.
    Are you incorporating any force-on-force type training? It might not be a bad idea to let people see how a simple plan goes awry once stress is introduced.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The last scuffle I was in? I was 69 YOA. At a IALEFI yearly seminar. Battle ground? An elevator in Daton Ohio. I was armed with a Gen 4 Glock 19. A spare G17 magazine, a Benchmade folding knife. More or less at that time my normal load out.
    A young man stepped into the elevator, just as the door was closeing, suit, tassle shoes, a cocktail glass in his hand. My wife at the buttons, me standing back, he stopped center area, faced door.

"I need a hug" he said, and lifted his left foot, in preperation to go a hugging? I stepped under his left under arm, and drove him into the wood barred rear of elevator, hard! You balance is destroyed when you are not allowed to put your foot down, instantly. I was born in Liverpool UK, into a Pub Family, stacking bottles on shelves from a very early age, you all work.
    Progressed to keeper of the peace, hence to Bouncer in Liverpool Night clubs, from 1960 to 1964 at the Cavern Club of Beatles fame, one year at the Blue Angel, on Seal Street. Lots of fights, did OK still have a straight nose.

Back to elevator... With quite a selection of weapons? I immedatly went to hands on. No hesitation what's so ever. His face was twisted in a knot, when he opened his eyes, flat against the rear wall. My finger was an inch from one of them. Advise given "Keep away from my wife, Jack" Scouse accent alive and well. We left, he seemed in no hurry to leave! My Wifes expression was classical! Big open eyes, frozen. Lots of fights, that you always start! Is good training.
    Would that thought pattern translate into gun usage? Who knows, I have pointed guns at more than one person in my lifetime. Instant compliance kept finger off the go switch.

In seeing the results of glass meeting face? More than once, bottle or glass, reves you up.
    Last edited by Scouse; 1 Week Ago at 05:24.

User Info Menu

Good video OP. I think most of us agree that a high percentage of our success is determined by how much attention we pay to what's going on around us.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." as it were.
    Over the years as I have taken various courses, it has molded how I do so many things: how I walk in a parking lot, where I sit in an establishment, how I survey the scenery before approach. I have 3 young daughters, so my mind is in a place of constant vigilance. I still need much work on my physical ability (as far as FOF), but I trained my brain to take the low road. Eyes, throat, and/or groin are my first points of contact.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    "You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-Fundamentals of chess 1883

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    I've always taught my family, and friends if you can't draw, fire, and hit your target in two seconds you may have a knife buried in your chest or gut.
    Two seconds is an eternity - a Formula One team can change four tires in two seconds - that includes the jack up/down time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Two seconds is an eternity - a Formula One team can change four tires in two seconds - that includes the jack up/down time.
    Put your normal clothing on. Add a jacket since it's cold out. Stand normally in front of a mirror then draw aiming at your mirror. Let me know how fast you did it in. No practice and the 1st try.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

User Info Menu

Put your normal clothing on. Add a jacket since it's cold out. Stand normally in front of a mirror then draw aiming at your mirror. Let me know how fast you did it in. No practice and the 1st try.
    An attacker with a knife in hand can cover a lot of ground in two seconds.

Jackets with snaps, or ones that can be left unzipped from the waist up are ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    An attacker with a knife in hand can cover a lot of ground in two seconds.

Jackets with snaps, or ones that can be left unzipped from the waist up are ideal.
    I know and the main thing is to draw without problems. People do not understand getting to your weapon then drawing it has to be perfect in that situation or darn close to it. My daughter who isn't a professional shooter was able to draw and fire in 1.69 sec when she went to appendix carry. Thats just fun and practice. That's also with summer clothing on though. Put on a few layers more means more obstacles more time.

For fun put winter gloves on and or put your cell phone or something mimicking a cell phone in your hand and try lol. Depending on the glove type they might need to come off, the cell phone will have to be dropped.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I know and the main thing is to draw without problems. People do not understand getting to your weapon then drawing it has to be perfect in that situation or darn close to it. My daughter who isn't a professional shooter was able to draw and fire in 1.69 sec when she went to appendix carry. Thats just fun and practice. That's also with summer clothing on though. Put on a few layers more means more obstacles more time.

For fun put winter gloves on and or put your cell phone or something mimicking a cell phone in your hand and try lol. Depending on the glove type they might need to come off, the cell phone will have to be dropped.
    At carry gun matches that coach puts on in Avon we have to be concealed and sometimes we hold a pizza box or a prop of a smart phone head down in strong hand. I find these matches very helpful.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The love of Cell phones! You see a table of 4 in a resteraunt, two parents, two teen kids. All looking at their phones!
    Whatever is going on around them, is not observed by any one of them.
    As I drive a lot, and now not legal to use Cell phones in hand as one drives in Florida. My Blue Ant ear piece, weighs nothing, and works a treat. The Cell phone pocket in my 511 pants, secures that phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2