Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lone Ranger

User Info Menu

What Fighters KNOW, and Shooters DONíT...

The advertising is over around the one minute mark...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Agree !

He does a good job in explaining how fast and brutal close combat can be. The history talk was nice as well, seems like his prices are reasonable.
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

I've always taught my family, and friends if you can't draw, fire, and hit your target in two seconds you may have a knife buried in your chest or gut.

Awareness of your surroundings is a must. Drawing your firearms from their carry position without fumbling around is also a must.

My daughter was carrying her firearm in her purse. I didn't like that. To slow to get to. I convinced her she couldn't get to it before my grandson 16yo ran at her and tapped her on her shoulder from 5 yards.
    I had her face the target and stand normally no preperation. Purse snapped shut like normal. My grandson waited 5 yards behind her. I said GO! She never got it out of her purse. She now appendix carries.

Don't forget to practice close retention shooting drills. As this guy says you never know when or how close the attack will be.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

95% or higher of us walk around in a dream. Schedules/family/work/chores/sports etc are running programs in our heads constantly. No one is aware at the levels we discuss. Not all the time.
    I "Try" and keep my head on a swivel. But it is near impossible to do so constantly and. Certain areas, conditions do heighten our senses. But walking through a store or into a movie most times we are relaxed in this discipline.
    In that reacting becomes the next step. Most often you are not going to be stabbed right off but it can happen. Will you really know someone is approaching danger fast from behind.

Reacting and recovering. That is what we are looking at these days. What to do when surprised.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I enjoy John Lovell's videos. He's very smart and an excellent presenter. I hope to train with him one day.

One thing I would add to his points: I agree that tactics generally trump skills, but we should stress that the better your skill set is and the more confidence you have in executing those fundamentals on demand at a high level, the more time and mental resources you will have available to observe, assess, formulate a plan, and execute it. The type of violence of action necessary to address a high level threat can be impeded (perhaps fatally) by a brain that has to deliberately think about clearing concealment while starting to move, getting a firing grip, presenting the weapon, etc. etc. If those actions are conditioned and require minimal active guidance from your brain, the more you'll have to devote to the tactics of your response.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I enjoy John Lovell's videos. He's very smart and an excellent presenter. I hope to train with him one day.

One thing I would add to his points: I agree that tactics generally trump skills, but we should stress that the better your skill set is and the more confidence you have in executing those fundamentals on demand at a high level, the more time and mental resources you will have available to observe, assess, formulate a plan, and execute it. The type of violence of action necessary to address a high level threat can be impeded (perhaps fatally) by a brain that has to deliberately think about clearing concealment while starting to move, getting a firing grip, presenting the weapon, etc. etc. If those actions are conditioned and require minimal active guidance from your brain, the more you'll have to devote to the tactics of your response.
    +10.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Also most of us are getting old and slow....

So speed and maneuverability is no longer part of the equation. You may need to draw up different tactics and skill set to fit your health and age.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I am willing to bet that most people fail to put an emphasis on group training. Solo range trips can be productive from an accuracy perspective but how often is that skill set applied to a 1v1 or small group scenario?
    Remember the sacred word, "For we wrestle not against paper and cardboard, but against flesh, blood, and bad intentions."
    Get out and train... But take someone with you.
    not rhino

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    Agree! He does a good job in explaining how fast and brutal close combat can be. The history talk was nice as well, seems like his prices are reasonable.
    Ditto this...and excellent verbal portrayal of just how quickly things can escalate or appear out of nowhere and be on you in a second, which makes it that much more important to constantly be not only aware of your surroundings and proximities...but to be alert to potential danger and recognize it early enough to begin to formulate a response, if there's time?
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by INgunowner View Post
    I am willing to bet that most people fail to put an emphasis on group training. Solo range trips can be productive from an accuracy perspective but how often is that skill set applied to a 1v1 or small group scenario?
    Remember the sacred word, "For we wrestle not against paper and cardboard, but against flesh, blood, and bad intentions."
    Get out and train... But take someone with you.
    We're working on group training at our church...so at least to have an idea what each person should be doing in the event that something does occur.

Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast