Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

CCW Insurance Discussion

I thought a good fact finding session on CCW Insurance Merchants might be in order. Let's start out by asking if any INGOERS have any first hand experience with claim activity with USCCA, CCW Safe, NRA Carry Guard or ACLDN?
    "See you on the Range"

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

This should be a good readin the next few days.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Definitely watching this one. Curious which is the best.
    WTS: 1999 HD Softail Custom (Way below Blue Book)

User Info Menu

A member of one, but THANKFULLY no first hand claim experience. Hopefully never.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I would like to hear BBI chime in on this one.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This should be a good readin the next few days.

Think we'll get to a discussion about sashes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

User Info Menu

The OP has a penchant for using the words “Death Merchants”, I wonder if a company that pays your bills for potentially killing someone could be considered a “Death Merchants”?

Semi-Moderator

User Info Menu

I think NRA carry guard is no more.

Need help posting Pictures? GO HERE for imgur
    >>>>>>>>>>
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...ing-video.html

How to embed a YouTube video....
    https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/f...st7836731NGOer

# 22951

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post

Think we'll get to a discussion about sashes?
    That would be great.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I would like to hear BBI chime in on this one.
    I can't recommend a specific product, but I'd be comfortable laying out some questions/guidelines I'd use in considering one.

Mandatory questions:

1) Do they pay for your defense up front? If it's a reimbursement after the fact, especially if it's tangent on a win, I'd pass.

2) Will they pay for expert witnesses? Do they have an existing association with known and respected experts?

3) Will they assist with both criminal and civil cases? For you alone or you and your immediate family/household?

4) Will they cover defense of others (aka Good Samaritan) or strictly self defense?

5) Do they have their own network of attorneys? If so, are they vetted and do they have experience with self-defense cases? This is a big deal, as someone who's used to defending people who are factually guilty (most trials) may not approach an affirmative defense case properly. In short, they are using to arguing "he didn't do it" instead of "he did it, but it's ok he did) and need to be able to make that second one in a justified shooting case.

6) Are there caps, and if so what are they?

7) Are they reachable 24/7 and do they have a response team that will physically come if needed?

8) Is the issuer/underwriter financially stable (as in, can they actually pay claims) and is there a secondary underwriter should they fail while you're on the hook?

Bonus questions:

*Do they have their own investigators? Will they do things like canvas the neighborhood for witnesses that didn't/wouldn't talk to the police?

*Do they work with any existing plans you have that might cover portions of your liability? FOP membership, home owner's/umbrella policy for accidental shootings, etc.

I think with those questions you can at least make an informed decision on if any given plan is worth it.

Massad Ayoob didn't have a plan he recommended last time I spoke with him, I can ask if there's one he recommends these days though.

*Edit*
    Mas says he works with ACLDN so "any recommendations I make would seem biased". I noted Tom Givens is also on the same advisory board. I think both of those guys' opinions are well worth listening to.

Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:29.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast