Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

User Info Menu

For those who argue that revolvers are a bad choice because 5-6 rounds are not enough, that argument has been blown, I guess. Like most, I don't see the logic of not carrying your weapon at capacity, whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtanker View Post
    I only load 4 into the cylinder of my 6 shot revolver. That way I can see if I'm flinching and correct it for the next shot.
    That's dangerous. You should only load 3 in the cylinder, randomly dispersed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    No. No serrations.
    I went to half and half as cutting rope or seat belt material seems to be easier with some serrations. Just me.
    "Test what you Think You Know"

User Info Menu

Full mag plus one in the chamber, I also carry two extra mags.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Sigblitz;8101876][ Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I just checked, and I am down one in the magazine at the moment (9+1 instead of the full magazine of 10 plus 1 chambered).

I take my dogs on an off-leash walk basically every day on a decent-sized country property. One of them doesn't always come when called when he is on the scent of something; it's like tunnel vision for all of his senses. (It's not that he's ignoring; it's that he has blocked out everything else. A couple times I've caught up to him, and he's totally startled to be touched.)

A gunshot gets him to quit tracking and to listen to me again. Sometimes it's months between when this happens, but it seems to come in spurts. And I don't always remember to reload right away. Once I had the magazine as low as 7 when I remembered to reload it--which would be forgetting twice consecutively--but I don't think I've ever gone past that.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the last time was on Friday.
    And that's how they found the bunker./QUOTE]

I see what you did there. I remember reading that story in the news the other day. Well played sir. Lol
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Plinker

User Info Menu

FULL Mag with one in the chamber, and I carry an extra mag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I have the poor man's alternative: the stainless steel Zebra F-301.
    By no means is it an alternative, my late wife bought me one in the early 90's because I signed hundreds of invoices a day
    for my job, I still have it, and use it. I'll never be without one.
    Butthurt (*)......It happens a lot here on INGO, get over it if it happens to you.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Always full and one in the pipe plus a extra mag. If itís not fully loaded what are you going to do when you need it THROW IT AT THEM

Plinker

User Info Menu

Full mag with one in the chamber always, some times extra mag if a low round count mag, like 6 or 7! If carrying a revolver some times carry extra rounds to fill cylinder a 2nd time.
    Never know how much time you are going to have, try to prepare for nearly every scenario!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    I have occasion, fairly regularly, to contact lawful carriers and lawfully secure their firearms. I'd say more often than not the magazines are not loaded to capacity, and I'm not talking about downloaded by one, I'm talking about loaded to half or less of capacity. I find this curious and thought I'd pose the question of how everyone here carries. Myself? I carry with a full mag and one in the chamber.

I always carry full mag. I pay extra for high capacity mags. I use them.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast